Got Wii?

ronin688

Coming from a person who camped out for about 7 hours for a Wii, only to find out that some stupid employee took the last ones that I, the customer, was supposed to receive (I was 8th in line, they had 9 but they took two for themselves), the Wii had its fun moments, but its novelty has worn off of me.

I loved Wii Bowling and Excite Truck, but all of a sudden I lost a general interest towards it. Now it's my dad who plays it the most. So far there's been a general lack of good games (Happy Feet? Cars? Marvel Alliance? WTF is this crap?), I must say that while Nintendo's winning the console battle (i guess), they gotta pump out some good games to keep me hooked.

And yes, I own Zelda, and I've never touched or played it. It came with my Wii (which I bought off Craigslist). Never got the whole hype about Zelda.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a Wii yet, I'm definitely wanting to buy one especially since I'm dying to playing Twilight princess, the graphics are great and hear nothing but raves about it. chubbyfatazn before you ditch the Wii, highly recommend playing zelda.

Is it me or do nintendo as a company tend to make cartoonified games.. Over the years ive played nintendo nes,snes,gba and the games are so predictible.probably just me tho. And with the wii the novelty soon wheres off,my daughter hasnt touched it in 2 days lol.Only had it a week(knew that wud happen) especially the effort i had getting 1. ZELDA everyone raves about....Why?...cant see the big deal myself like....

I've had my Wii since late november sometime after launch. Traded my 360 plus cash for a Wii and Zelda. I love it. Beat the Zelda though, looking forward to Mario Party 8 and Mario Galaxy.

I mostly got it for Virtual Console though and its great so far.

Yeah if you've got a Wii and you haven't played Zelda you're missing out. I'm about 30 hours in to it right now, and it's as good as everyone says.

If you haven't played Zelda and you're wondering what the fuss is, it's hard to describe just how good the Zelda games are. They have a depth and attention to detail that you don't find in most games of any genre.

Yeah they're a tad "cartoon" like I suppose, and that can be said about many nintendo offerings, but I just don't see that as a bad thing. I actually wish they'd release another "cell shading" style zelda like Wind Waker.

I'm 32 by the way haha, just a kid at heart I guess.. I try to stay open minded.

I'm off to play Donkey Kong Country now, it was just released on the VC this week!

Hi all, I currently own a Wii, and I've been having so much fun with it, I got this a launch, and I was very lucky I almost didn't obtain one. so far I think it's great, the interation is just amazing, such as in Wii Sports when you hit the ball if you make the Wii mote go from Down to Up you will make your guy do a "pop shot" if you will, and if you move the Wii mote from Top to Down he will preform a Spike. I recently just beat Twilight Princess, and it is a worthy sequal/prequal to Ocorina of Time. Before I got a Wii I was the typical person "Man those look like TV remotes why the hell would I want to use those?"

But after the PS3 launch, and since they didn't have any great games that weren't only on the PS3 I didn't get it (I own a 360 as well).

IMO for me it goes Wii>360>PS3

The PS3 for me just looks like the lozer, they had no great games for a 600$ system at launch, now why would I want to buy RFOM that is a "good" not great game and in addition 600$, it just didn't make sense.

My advice is if your looking for the normal hardcore gamer consel go with the 360. If you want a new way to play, and hell even some girls I know play with me then get a Wii.

Also for who ever has the rebutle, "The PS3 graphics are CRAZZZYYY" (Yes actual sony ad actually, quite sad too) Do graphics automatically make a game better? And they say it will even take a few more years to make it's graphics better then a 360(if it lasts that long), and it was proven GOW can't run on a PS3.

All I really have to say is, almost ever store in USA has PS3's avalible, almost none have Wii's in stock. That my friends is simply why I invested into Nintendo, and made a cool 200$ profit in 1 week.

• 1 month later...
Guest DaddyD302
I don't have a Wii yet, I'm definitely wanting to buy one especially since I'm dying to playing Twilight princess, the graphics are great and hear nothing but raves about it. chubbyfatazn before you ditch the Wii, highly recommend playing zelda.

Me and my bro were talking getting one, but can't find any and he doesn't want a used one. From what my brother hears, he says that the only difference between the Wii's and GC's version of Zelda is besides the Wii controller is, that everything is reverse on the Wii. Like Link is left handed on the GC, and on Wii he's a righty. Is this true from anyone that played both versions?

• 4 months later...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO Mii!!!!

well my brother just came down from Boise and brought me a birthday present...a Nintendo Wii.

I've not even played it yet, but momma and he played some tennis and some golf already.

Can't wait to check this thing out!