Got Wii?

ronin688

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we need some game recommendations

momma really really really likes the Food Network and the game Cookin' Mama: Cook Off or whatever sounds like a blast, but the mediocre reviews have me scratching my head.

I'm not a Metroid guy either. Zelda, yeah, we'll get all the Zelda games when money isn't so tight. Other than that....I've no idea what might or might not be worthy of trying out, and we don't have a local video game rental store here (have to drive 11 miles+ across the canyon to find one). Gamefly is too expensive at this time also...so for the moment if the game isn't on display at Best Buy where we can test play it, I'll have to rely on you dudes for some insight.

just got a Wii today and man am i loving it, cant wait to get another controller and try out some other games but right now im kicking butt at bowling

I extremely highly recommend Zelda: Twilight Princess. Been playing it for a good bit (traded in the GC version for the Wii version 2 weeks ago) and I love it!!! Played every Zelda game so far and the interactive controlling makes it awesome. I got Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition as well but I haven't played it since I'm hooked on WoW and zelda atm.

Gratz on getting a Wii for free A_G.

Resident Evil seems to be the highest scoring Wii game there is on all major sites and game magazines...I've just never been an RE fan except waaay back on the PS1 with the original RE.

There's a new Brunswick Bowling game out, but not much info on it yet.

Zelda...the last Zelda I played was the first SNES Zelda. I got to get one of those classic controller input thingies and just snag all the Zeldas that are available on Virtual Console and start from the beginning

the wii sports bowling is actually pretty accurate to my real bowling scores. i do imagine i can get better at the game easier than irl but my high score is 237 atm.

Yeah I got the Wii I hardly ever use it. I'm thinking about selling it.

ya...sadly the same for me(sept for the sell it part)...their games r too geared towards multiplayer gameplay and me and my neighbor used to play console games at eachothers houses all the time...till the dreaded xbox and halo 2 with xbox live took him away from me...lol jk but ya he did get adicted to that for the longest time and ive hardly heard from him since. Other than in school where he told me he's playing wow which im strictly against. if nintendo gets an adapter for ethernet connectivity ill take it(not as trusting towards the non nintendo stuff...) also i feel they need more one player games...im definately getting GH3 when it comes out finally i can play a gh game. i think if i feel like it i might buy some of those rechargable battery thingys though they aren't from nintendo and are bulky enough to stick out more than they should.

ya...sadly the same for me(sept for the sell it part)...their games r too geared towards multiplayer gameplay and me and my neighbor used to play console games at eachothers houses all the time...till the dreaded xbox and halo 2 with xbox live took him away from me...lol jk but ya he did get adicted to that for the longest time and ive hardly heard from him since. Other than in school where he told me he's playing wow which im strictly against. if nintendo gets an adapter for ethernet connectivity ill take it(not as trusting towards the non nintendo stuff...) also i feel they need more one player games...im definately getting GH3 when it comes out finally i can play a gh game. i think if i feel like it i might buy some of those rechargable battery thingys though they aren't from nintendo and are bulky enough to stick out more than they should.

you don't have a wireless router/access point I take it?

There is a usb-to-ethernet adapter out, but I think it has to be routed into a Windows XP machine (which is rather stupid lol).

Really the best option is just to find a cheapo ($39-$59 for a good one!) wireless router or access point (routers can be switched to simple access point if you already have a wired router).

I REALLY like the Wii because of how multiplayer-centric it is. There are some single player games (Metroid, Zelda, RE4, etc) but keep in mind the library for Wii games is still quite small. Developers are really getting into learning how to program for the controller(s), as well as making games look good on the hardware (the Wii hardware is actually pretty damn good...it will never be 360/PS3 quality, but pretty damn good in it's own right honestly).

Then there are all the Virtual Console games like Sim City (AWESOME!!!) as well as many others, and many more coming (all the Zelda games are already there it looks like!).

I thought the Wii was too 'kiddie' myself until I actually got one, now I'm just blown away by how awesome it is with the controller scheme. Still a lack of really good games that I personally am interested in, but that will change. Xbox360 was the same way when it came out, I wasn't interested in hardly any games for it except my beloved hockey titles.

I almost bought a Wii on Sunday, but held off once I realized I would have to shell out $350+ for the console, a spare controller and a game like Mario Party. The wife said she's interested in it, so I have permission there.

but held off once I realized I would have to shell out $350+ for the console, a spare controller and a game like Mario Party.

Dude just get it and play with the wife. Compare what $350 gets you with the Wii and what $350 gets you with a PS3/Xbox. That will get you like the basic model of the Xbox and will let put a PS3 on lay-away LOL.

Wii Play was my plan to get the extra remote. I've read that Mario Party has a lot of good little games for when we have friends over. I play console games more for the fun factor than intense graphics. I've never been a big FPS fan, even on my PC.

I'll have to pick it up, then wait impatiently for Mario Kart Wii.