question regarding *these* straps (look inside)...

Hi guys....well I never really bothered with these, but then thought that maybe I should ask anyway..:P

have a look at these:

1001515tk8.jpg

I got these with my OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU....I was gonna use them when I got my PC installed about 1.5 months ago, but then stopped...

I didnt use them because if you look carefully, these straps have a rough, carpet-type surface...so I think they can probably cause some static charge, making them dangerous inside the casing.....

am I correct in this assumption ? or are these straps.....safe ? :P

The straps employ hook and loop fasteners or commonly called Velcro.

OCZ provides them to secure the loose and unused PSU cables. When it is installed or out of the case they come in handy. They are safe and if you don’t feel comfortable using them then use plastic zip ties.

OK thanx...i guess they are safe anyways :P...

on a related note, I also needed some help on how to use these:

1001518ue0.jpg

1001519np2.jpg

I know the procedure seems to be pretty much straight forward, but since I will be doing it for the first time, I thought maybe I should look for a tutorial for this kinda job...

so you know any such tutorials ??

thanx dude...i will into them straight after lunch hopefully :) ...

does cable sleeving void the warranty ? if so, of which component ?

• 4 weeks later...

If you can't or won't get a heatgun for the heatshrink tubing, use a candle with a deep candle holder cup thingy (technical term all the way there). thats what I used and it worked great, especially if you hold heatshrink over the top and put a small glass over thaqt to trap heat over the other side too...