Watercooling my Lian-Li PC-V1100

While a lot of people are familiar with the V2xxx series cases, few people have the V1xxx series.

To familiarize yourselves, here is the case in question (it is on order from Newegg.com)

ll-v1100B.jpg

What are the goals for this case?

The theme of this mod is "stealth". It's going to be quiet and use dark colors.

I ordered 10 feet of 1/2" Tygon tubing... with a twist! It's black! Around the tubing I'm using either stainless steel or plastic springs.

This case will likely be powder coated. The color has yet to be decided but I assure you that it will not be pink or green or something ugly.

I am purchasing a SATA Plextor DVD burner (model yet unknown) that I am hoping to have plated using black chrome.

I will probably also have the fan grills, PCI covers, and other things done while I am at it.

The biggest thing, probably, will be the water-jetted window and front panel (design has yet to be decided).

This case, like my V2000, will also be watercooled with a 240mm radiator fitted at the top.

This is going to be an expensive mod. Considering I don't have a job, it's likely that this will take around a month to get done.

Let the modding begin! :tooth:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FedEx man came today :D

Danger Den TDX Universal Top

DSC00797%20copy_1.jpg

Installed

DSC00802%20copy_1.jpg

The video card to be used, which already has the block attached from my previous build, an EVGA 7900GTX 512MB

DSC00813%20copy_1.jpg

My E6400, Abit AW9D-Max, and Corsair HX-620 should be here this week. The Corsair Dominator is going to have to wait a week or so.

This is going to be an expensive mod. Considering I don't have a job, it's likely that this will take around a month to get done.

Ok, where do I sign up to get a non-job like that???? :)

Looking forward to seeing this build, the last one was super clean, I'm expecting greatness again.

I enjoyed your last worklog David. One of my good friends from high school has that case. I love my Lian Li case.

Suggestion: You should reserve the first few posts so it might be easier for people to see all of your log first with comments later. This is just a thought. If you do decide to do that then feel free to delete this comment and reserve this space.

I currently have a lian li v1200b case water cooled it currently consistes of a simple cpu loop with a single 120mm rad in front and behind the pump and a t-line,as soon as i get the cash to buy a water block for my 7950gx2 i'm going to add it into the loop.I also custom cut the side window and fillport hole.

here are a few quick snap shots of what i did.

sidecn4.th.jpg nosidefx1.th.jpg

that will be sweet, i thought about going with just one but decided to go with 2 as i would need 2 (one in the back and one on the bottum jsut in front of the hard drive cages)for cooling both cpu and gpu and thought it easier to just do both at the same time in the begining. I also have 2 super silent fans on both rads.