Supreme Commander

Redbeaver

okay, i finished up the first campaign... and on the last mission on the UEF campaign my computer just slow down to a crawl lol 500 units each side, constant attacks, constant defend, constant fireworks. its... crazy. first time i really reached my 500units cap and kept it there... the enemies got their whole naval fleet bombarding my base, and another enemy got hundreds of air units plus a FEW of those monstrous spider-like thingie... crazy!!!

need a break before starting the Aeon campaign...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Got it too a few days ago, Looks nice on high settings but once I have more than ten units "oops gotta drop those settings". reminds me of an old PS1 game "something"2000, I cant remember the name. Yeah Im on the last of the first campaign too. damn spider things come out of nowhere lol

I tried the demo for a bit last week as I had heard so many raves about it.

Didn't like it.

For the same reason that most RTS games bore me. Gotta build, gather resources (although SC is better than the endless micromanaging of the C&C games, stupid harvesters) to get anywhere....meanwhile the game is bitching at me for not achieving the objectives yet.

I am sure multiplayer would be better, my old roomie and I used to have a blast playing the various C&C games.

But meh. just can't get excited over this.

If i wanted to waste time gathering raw materials to build crap, I would start mining again in EVE....at least there I have real people to shoot the breeze with while doing an otherwise boring task.

I have the game and have only played skirmishes lately. I have gotten to the 1000 unit limit before I started any real battles. Once I start moving around 400-600 units at a time my PC slows down big time, even the sound gets screwed up.

I have played online once (when it first came out) and got my butt kicked big time.

If this is what happens on my system, imagine what happens on a "store" bought system.