what computer speakers should i get? need advice

blarf

Hi,

i'd like to buy some computer speakers but i have no clue what is good out there now. my budget is about $250max (if it is cheaper, it is better). i mainly game but i also watch couple movies. i have a sb x-fi. what do you advice me to get?

I have some I could sell you. The Logitech X-540's. They are basically the X-530's which are highly regarded but also include a few extra features. They have an improved down firing sub, better grills on the speakers, wired controller for turning on and off the system, changing bass levels, volume and has a headphone jack. The center speaker has a nice feature that allows you to clip it onto a flat panel monitor. You can also stand it normal as expected. These are great speakers and I only used them for maybe 2-3 weeks. I am hooking my computer up to my HDTV and won't be needing these speakers anymore. Let me know if your interested. I'll let them go for $45 US. Retail they are about $90 US. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16836121006

i would say get the Klipsch - or at least check them out first before buying anything -- they are great -- i have the simple version - 2.1 promedia - but if you have the room

and can get the 5.1 - that be great

the best stuff -

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the big Klipsch 5.1's for ages. Yep, I like 'um but think I would do a 2.1 of some kind. Never found a good way to place the surround speakers.

Don't know how 2.1 handles center channel for movies, if you do watch movies on pc. Center channel can be to low otherwise.