i650 - Northbridge Chipset Voltage (Default)

Hey guys.......

Well I have booted into Windows @ 3050Mhz..... Im running SuperPi 32M calc and OCCT together at the moment. Whilst i see if these are stable i wanted to find out what the default NB Chipset Voltage is..........

My board only has 5 settings....... Auto, 1.208V, 1.393V, 1.563V & 1.748V

Ive noticed alot of guys have been upping this value to around the 1.7 - 1.75V point in the Overclockers data base...... Im at 3050Mhz with it set to auto, but i have no monitor that can tell me what the default value is. Not even the BIOS tells me what the default is !!

I've never been able to get on with Motherboard Monitor 5. I loved ITE SMARTGUARDIAN on my old DFI NF SLI-D, but with this ASUS i got the ASUS PC PROBE II, which is ok for CPU temps, Fan Speeds and CPU Voltage, plus the rails, but no NB voltage (or temp for that matter)

Anyways, i hope someone can help me out soon. Cheers in advance

WOW, your Message was too fast for me to read it. Lemme see if i can update it. The file name was exactly the same thats for sure, but the link you posted didnt work properly ( i think its because you have to entre Details to download)

SORTED. Managed to get to the Beta link after all (the one you posted). It does indeed support my Mobo now !! I can report the Chipset voltage as standard is 1.25V.

Im gonna up it now and see if i can bring the ONBOARD LAN, back to life as suggested from another forum member. Will also help stability for ORTHOS me thinks :)

Thanks again PRAZ

Guest ElAguila

Either replace the NB cooler or put a fan on it and up the NB voltage to 1.563. There are several users myself included that couldn't get to 3.2GHz without upping the NB voltage.

Be Aware.

If you hold a valid license key for Everest Ultimate 2006 and you have been using your key to "open" the previous beta versions, you must not use your key for the newest beta version 888 and above.

These beta's are actually for Everest Ultimate 2007. Because the new version will recognize your 2006 key, it will issue a warning and close the program.

The newest beta versions will only function as a "Trial Version" until Everest Ultimate 2007 goes on sale and you purchase or upgrade your license.

I havent got a full key. I only intend to use the TRIAL version...... Although i have another problem now !!

Im using 1.563V on the Northbridge, just to see if i could pump the ONBOARD LAN back into life, which it hasnt done. So ive had to buy a PCI card which is really going to limit my options for installing anything else :(

Anyway the problem is this........ Im using 1.563V which i selected in the BIOS, and since double checked....... Everest still quotes the Northbridge Core voltage as being 1.25V. So it hasnt changed according to Everest..... Is their any other program that can confirm what the voltage is? Or can someone with the ASUS P5N-E SLI board confirm that Everest does'nt show the OVERCLOCKED state of the Northbridge?

Thanks in advance........