Sign in to follow this  
valenzuela

SFC 12CM 550watt RANDOM SHUT DOWNS!!!!

okay soo when i use just hte internet browser its fine but i start to burn a dvd the computer just goes black and restarts i belive this si the PSU but i was checking the voltage on the dfi expert board and i didnt see any spikes or drops in voltage any help would be great or suggestions to see if its really is teh problem!

heres the PSU :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817203002

okay soo when i use just hte internet browser its fine but i start to burn a dvd the computer just goes black and restarts i belive this si the PSU but i was checking the voltage on the dfi expert board and i didnt see any spikes or drops in voltage any help would be great or suggestions to see if its really is teh problem!

heres the PSU :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817203002

I had that problem with my old AXP rig... I replaced the PSU and it worked out fine.

550W should be enough for your rig.. maybe try another PSU in your system and see how it goes?

yea id like to do that but the power supply i need arnt cheap :-(

but i guess thats what ill have to do!

Do you have any friends that share the same interest as you do? Perhaps you could borrow one of your friends' power supplies to see if it goes better.

Good luck!

yea i do but they dont have a good enough power supply. But ima save an get a recomended DFI one.

if it helps any heres my voltage of the PSU:

atx 12v+ 11.97v

nb +1.5v 1.48v

atx +3.3 3.37v

atx +5.0v 5.1v

11.97v on the 12v rail if ur not doing anything really strenuous on the computer seems a bit low maybe

I'm guessing he used software to check the voltages, which isn't recommended. If you want to check voltages, use a multimeter. Software is unreliable.