BF2 - Is it worth the effort?

old_geekster

I need 3 hours in a tank to get to 3 star general. I was never into the armour aspect but it wont let me progress until I get my veteran tank badge.

I only bought the game for the planes and choppers, The choppers have the most realistic handling I have ever played in a game and im going back 15 years of flight sims

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need 3 hours in a tank to get to 3 star general. I was never into the armour aspect but it wont let me progress until I get my veteran tank badge.

I only bought the game for the planes and choppers, The choppers have the most realistic handling I have ever played in a game and im going back 15 years of flight sims

Whats your nick so I can look you up! :)

I am a 3 star Lt. Genreral. The jets are fun. I was ranked in the top 50 last time I checked. I don't mind solo the helis but getting stuck with a gunner who can't hit the side of a barn or a pilot that wants to hit everything with their windshield can get annoying.... If you guys ever want to squad up my xfire is storm08735

BF2 is a great game. Yes it's worth it. Join a community or jump in a clan's teamspeak to really get into some teamwork gameplay. Special Forces is a great expansion pack, the maps are all a blast. If you want me to show you the ropes my xfire is storm08735

I haven't played bf2 all that long (InspectorL is my name) compared to most people but it really is the only game i play for PC and i don't own any consoles. The learning curve is absurd and you gotta play like 30+ hours in order to not suck, I still have an unfavorable k/d but I am getting towards my goal of 1.0 at least.

I haven't played bf2 all that long (InspectorL is my name) compared to most people but it really is the only game i play for PC and i don't own any consoles. The learning curve is absurd and you gotta play like 30+ hours in order to not suck, I still have an unfavorable k/d but I am getting towards my goal of 1.0 at least.

Play more! I know we all need to do it! :D

BF2, Love it. Happy Valentine's Day BF2!!!

I play for the medals and other awards. I have 4 friends that I play BF2 or 2142 just about every day for an hour or so. Sometimes more. It's a great release at the end of the day. I hate all the "punks" that play, but they're great for target practice.

It's worth it to invest the time. I consider myself good (usually in top 3 on a server point/kill wise). I'd say it took me a good 200 hours before I became good. The beginning was rough, but once you learn the levels and realize what works and what doesnt work, it becomes a lot easier! I don't bother play SF anymore, I stick to karkand 32 map size, or a full 64 person server of jalalabad. Medic on infantry only servers is your best chance to post a decent score as a beginner. Also, just because a gun is an "upgrade" doesn't make it better than the previous weapon. (AK-101 is the best gun in the game... period). :)