BF2 - Is it worth the effort?

old_geekster

Well, I know it is a bit late, but I finally bought BF2 and BF2 "Special Forces", Deluxe Edition.

You know, when I played BF (original), I wasn't impressed because it took too long for me to figure out how to play it. I stuck with it and got through the entire game.

Now, I installed BF2 and find, first that it wants me to play online, so when I clicked offline, it disabled my Internet connection. This made me extremely happy, because I had to spend some time to correct it. Next, when I finally got to the game, I was dead before I could even determine what was going on.

I am glad that Walmart screwed up and I only paid $19.77 for the game, because I am not sure that I am ready for the learning curve that it apparently will take to play it.

I have played FarCry, Splinter Cell (All versions), Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighters, HF2 and Quake 4, without any problems. So, it is not that I can't do it, it simply shouldn't be so hard to learn.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is to hard to learn, but I have played all the prior Battlefield games. BF2 is mainly a multiplayer game, the single player is really not that fun.

I used to play a lot of BF1942, but BF2 is lots more fun with squads and communication between players (must of the time).

I can't tell you to play something you don't like, but if you do want to try it, I can help you out through Xfire sometime if you want.

If you can find good people to play with, then its a very fun game. Other than that, its really over-rated and still too annoying about how EA's treated it, but not gonna get into it because that'd start a huge debate most likely...

BF2 is a fun fun game...if you can get through all the bugs, the lack of widescreen support (got to use a hacked ini or some other nonsense cuz EA doesn't realize that widescreen monitors exist apparently), all that nonsense.

I loved BF2...but I got bored of it quickly (get tired of playing online with 16 year olds who tell me 193 ways to go %#@!$@ my mother)

playing Rainbow Six: Vegas co-op on hamachi a lot these days

I'll have to buy Rainbow Six, I have at least 194 ways to tell you all that.

I still enjoy the hell out of BF2. I never did take it that seriously though. Just kept trying to get better. These days I play half the game with a knife or pistol, I might use a rifle the whole game depending on the level of competition.

Two things that will make the game more enjoyable. Practice your accuracy, it is crucial and most people don't, Well placed shots will rule over a hail of bullets. I love guys that empty a mag and you get to stab them while they are reloading.. The other is to play with friends or at least people that share the same vocabulary over ventrillo or such.

BF2 is a lot of fun but takes some getting used to. It's not really spray and pray run and gun type game. Takes more tactics which makes it a lot of fun to play that way.

It did have a huge learning curve for me because i was one of them run and gun spray and pray type of people and now i love the game because of the fun factor and the planes thats so much fun.

Yeah BF2 can be good but only within a balanced squad or purely as a lone wolf.

I really don't play it much any more 'cos you are generally stuck with children who want to blame you for their failings or TK you to get a vehicle. I just stopped using teamspeak (more like spamspeak).

EA is EA... most people saw how they strung out the content for SIM 1 and SIM 2 over 'expansions' and I wasn't surprised to see them dribbling out the content for BF2. EA are like Nike or Reebok or whoever, it is just a marketing vehicle that owns a lot of development companies.

By the way, Angry_Games does hamachi perform well with R6. I use it a bit with my brother in Vancouver for files but it has a high ping with CS:S. That's one game I can't get bored of, though I have to admit I'm not very good at playing.

The weapons are the only thing that sets the difficulty. If you ly down and aim at a point on a wall say 20 -30 feet away you wont be able to put bullet after bullet in the one spot even on single shot like in other games. Sometimes the weapon will hit want you want and other times its like that scene in Pulp Fiction where the guy comes out of the room blasting at Samuel L and J Travolta and misses from 5 feet and gets wasted in one shot...lol

Heh, or you could play 2142 and snipe, be pretty damn good, and every tenth shot is centered on someone's face but it doesn't register, and you get shot up big time.

Blah, just venting, played for a few hours and dealt with this the whole time.

By the way, Angry_Games does hamachi perform well with R6. I use it a bit with my brother in Vancouver for files but it has a high ping with CS:S. That's one game I can't get bored of, though I have to admit I'm not very good at playing.

the DIY-Server for gaming is a premium Hamachi client...as long as you open 32804 on the router for UDP and tell Hamachi to use 32804 for UDP, it rocks (any port will do, we just use UDP 32804)

I love playing BF2! I’m mainly playing for all the rewards (medals, badges etc.) and I think this is the way it needs to be played! I see people running around as 3 star generals and if you look them up in the stats they have done nothing that played one kit and made a lot of points every day! It takes some skill to get everything in Gold! Especially the choppers and the planes! Look me up! He He! :)