Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Ultimate DIY Project! - Backyard hockey rink

thats cuz your from canada where hockey is considered a real sport...not like where i am, where football and baseball and basketball dominate everything else.

my parents had to go to great lengths to get me as much ice time as possible...we even got like 20 kids together and rented ice on saturdays from 12am-2am for like $200.

those were the good ole days.

heh, I thought I would bump this since David (breakawaytrng or something, the dude offering the $200 in the logo contest lol) and I have been talking and this IS DIY-Street and he's the one that sent this to me originally...

this is totally the type of DIY project I would make a worklog out of!!!

You guys in Canada...if global warming hasn't hit you yet, you should try this (and I'll even drive up there and play hockey on it with you!)

Awesome! :eek: Not what I expect to see for a backyard rink. Looks like a mites rink (mites were the youngest league back home in ND). The zamboni is a nice touch and key for perfect ice. Boards, lines, lights and nets, this is sweet. Puts my buddy's backyard setup to shame.

Liked (still do) the Oiler's during the Gretzky years, good memories.

I'm still :drool: over that rink!

holy crap I just spent a LONG time at that rink site...I'm thinking one day I am going to have one myself...unless global warming takes away my hockey, which then means me and my hockey stick will have to visit the atmosphere and have a hockey fight with it...

Guest SuppA-SnipA

that is pretty insane :|

think A_G needs one now

It always amazes me what people will do and come up with to be closer to their favorite sport or hobbies.

Good job on the rink and have fun.

that is pretty insane :|

think A_G needs one now

I think A_G can fit one of those next to all his computers.:)

what I wouldnt do for a hockey stick and some skates and a poor sole to play with....of course one who likes abuse..;)