Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lavell_merged

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Guest Lavell

I've just ordered this game. It should be in my hands by Friday. How are the graphics and sound? Does it look and sound really good? Any bug issues?

My 7950GX2 handles it pretty well so I imagine a x1900 will too. And as far as gameplay I've been playing it for about a week and a half now and its a blast. I've been only using the same four people lol. So far my favorite is Deadpool. If you like this type of game then I'd say to definately buy it.

The only bugs i've noticed was that sometimes an enemy would fall through the floor. But this has only happened twice. The graphics are pretty nice. I run it pretty much on max and it doesn't get choppy or anything. And as far as sound well I usually have my own music playing so I can't really comment on that lol

Guest Lavell

The game came in today. I loaded it up in my system (see sig) and played it for about 45 minutes. When I played it, the game was running at decent but choppy frame rates. I was wondering how this could be since I have the most powerful video cards in the ATI lineup of cards. I opened up Catalyst Control Center and found that I forgot to enable Crossfire. As soon as I enable it, the game ran smoothly.

My thoughts of the game: Great gameplay, great graphics (could be improved) and great sound. For those of you who are reading this thread and are thinking about getting this game, for the best fluidly smooth gameplay, make damn sure you have a Crossfire or SLI setup in your rig. Even on 1 Radeon X1900, the game was running at about 20 - 25 fps. As everyone knows, games starts to run fluidly smooth at 30fps. You can expect this game to give your rig a serious workout!

My recommendation is to have 2 Radeon X1600s or better running in Crossfire. I don't know what an equal SLI setup would be since I'm not an nVidia fan. But whatever it is, you will need it to run this game smoothly.

Anyone playing this game online? How is it?

Guest Lavell

Ok, its been a month since the last time I posted in this thread. I'm playing this game with my son. It's a lot of fun when you have more people playing with you in co-op mode. I tried to get my wife to play, but she doesn't like superheroes. Go figure.:rolleyes:

My Ugly PC & Angry Games, you were both right about the constant pounding on the gamepad. I'm very surprised that my 2 Logitech Rumblepad 2 gamepads are still working after all this abuse.

Raiderfan001, I see why your favorite hero is Deadpool. There were many times where my other team members would have died and he was the only one standing. With him alone, Deadpool has taken on big bosses and beat them. Plus, I do like his finishing move!:nod:

Right now, my team consist of Blade (my favorite hero), Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Deadpool. I'll see if my son and I can finish the game this weekend. I just might take this game online afterwards.

Has anyone played this game online? If so, how's the experience?

i worked on the game, and this is by far my favorite project. I like to use spiderwoman (she has the highest hit damage), mr fantatastiic, (he's way OP'd) dead pool and inivisible woman(underrated).

Guest Lavell

With the exception of your video card, I think your machine will run it. In one of my other post, I mentioned that a Crossfire or SLI setup is recommended in order to run this game fluidly smooth. You might want to consider upgrading your video card before you purchase this game. Trust me. This game will utilize all of your system's resources.

It loks like a fun game. I just need to get my machine stable before I can play it.

Guest Lavell

For those of you that love this game like I do (can't you tell?:P ), Activision had just release a expansion pack to expand the current roster of characters. This expansion pack is available for the Xbox 360 only. There will be a total of 8 new playable characters.

The Incredible Hulk

Magento

Hawkeye

Sabretooth

Doctor Doom

Cyclops

Nightcrawler

Venom

You can download the expansion pack, but it has to be purchased. There's more information about this at their website.

http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/news...id=542#headline

This is great that Activision is expanding the roster, but where in the hell is the PC version of the expansion pack?:sad: