Sign in to follow this  
wizurd of awwz

Opteron 170 - New CPU with my current OC!

Since you can't post very large pictures....

Rig is in my sig

2900mhz Opty 170

241mhz OCZ Plat

1.45vcore

17 hours 6 minutes Prime 95 stable

:eek2:

Awesome. Now make an OCDB entry.

Gonna see if I can tweak it a little more for now. I'm quite happy with how it is but I think I need to get some better cooling. She's idling right now at about 32c and load is around 45-47c. I'd like it to get about 5c cooler before I attempt going higher. I HATE high temps. :mad:

Lookin good! I'm actually priming at the same speed right now at 1.375V. I'm using an XP90 that could use a good lapping but so far it's doing alright at 50C full load. I've been wondering if i should give that OEM HSF a try. Did you get the one with 2 pipes on each side?

Lookin good! I'm actually priming at the same speed right now at 1.375V. I'm using an XP90 that could use a good lapping but so far it's doing alright at 50C full load. I've been wondering if i should give that OEM HSF a try. Did you get the one with 2 pipes on each side?

Yup! It's pretty rough and would greatly benefit from a lapping itself. I like how small it is though. If I can get it turn even a few degress cooler I'll probably just use this. :D

Nice overclock. My opty with the same stepping requires 1.55v to reach 2.9ghz.

I guess that really shows that not all steppings reach the same clocks. Then again certain hardware changes could do that, too. Who knows? Trial and error.