Sign in to follow this  
Oceanborn

eVGA 8800GTS woes

Hey boys, just got myself a brand new eVGA 8800 GTS and upon installing the drivers I noticed that I can no longer overclock using coolbits, but through nTune....the problem is when I get to the page to overclock the card, there are two possible selections "default/no overclock" or "Custom" which in theory should allow me to overclock the card,

however when I select "custom" to overclock it, the dot that marks the selection instead of changing from "default" to "custom", selects BOTH, "default" AND "Custom" and when I try to move the bars to increase the clock speeds, they are greyed out....

Anybody had a problem like this?

I tried removing the drivers and Ntune and reinstalling from scratch...it's a no go...I'm using the latest forceware drivers and ntune directly from the nvidia website...

Hey boys, just got myself a brand new eVGA 8800 GTS and upon installing the drivers I noticed that I can no longer overclock using coolbits, but through nTune....the problem is when I get to the page to overclock the card, there are two possible selections "default/no overclock" or "Custom" which in theory should allow me to overclock the card,

however when I select "custom" to overclock it, the dot that marks the selection instead of changing from "default" to "custom", selects BOTH, "default" AND "Custom" and when I try to move the bars to increase the clock speeds, they are greyed out....

Anybody had a problem like this?

I tried removing the drivers and Ntune and reinstalling from scratch...it's a no go...I'm using the latest forceware drivers and ntune directly from the nvidia website...

exactly what happen to me in Vista...... coz i have to use 97.46. u should b using 100.xx if ur on Vista. but those 2 have problems with ntune...

I didn't....it's a stepup from eVGA

exactly what happen to me in Vista...... coz i have to use 97.46. u should b using 100.xx if ur on Vista. but those 2 have problems with ntune...

I'm using XP Pro...

you have the latest ntune? and try using atitool, Ive had much better luck with that program

Yes...I used all the latest versions from the nvidia website...I gave up on trying to do it through ntune....I'm trying now with riva tuner...let's see hot that turns out

Well I finally managed to get my hands on a modified driver version from tweaksrus.com and it has the classic control panel, fantastic! now for another problem that I was having from day one with my 8800GTS

Only happens in Battlefield 2142...I have HORRIBLE frame drops throughout the game even decreasing the visual quality that I had working fine with my old 7900GTO, still drops constantly, I tried several driver revisions and it still happens...anybody else having this problem?

Well I finally managed to get my hands on a modified driver version from tweaksrus.com and it has the classic control panel, fantastic! now for another problem that I was having from day one with my 8800GTS

Only happens in Battlefield 2142...I have HORRIBLE frame drops throughout the game even decreasing the visual quality that I had working fine with my old 7900GTO, still drops constantly, I tried several driver revisions and it still happens...anybody else having this problem?

For overclocking I use PowerSript. As for the frame drops it happens sometimes when the server lags. Did you try to play the single player? Try it! :)

It has nothing to do with the server...I never had this problem before with my 7900GTO...now with the 8800gts is GUARANTEED that every single map I play has frame drops....all of them....constantly....

It has nothing to do with the server...I never had this problem before with my 7900GTO...now with the 8800gts is GUARANTEED that every single map I play has frame drops....all of them....constantly....

Even with the latest official drivers?

What kind of temps are you seeing?

Have you checked the voltages on your Powerstream?

Is BF2 the only game it happens in?

(Try using rthdrbl to check the middle two questions) :)

Even with the latest official drivers?

What kind of temps are you seeing?

Have you checked the voltages on your Powerstream?

Is BF2 the only game it happens in?

(Try using rthdrbl to check the middle two questions) :)

Yes...the latest, the earliest lol tried them all

Temps hover around 73ºC under load which seems to be normal for this GPU.

I didn't check the voltages on my powerstream no, but do you think if the PSU was insufficient would cause a FPS drop on one specific game?

Anyway, the only thing I didn't try was to reinstall the game itself...

I guess I'll try that to see if that helps...

I'm really stumped because on Oblivion the performance increased DRASTICALLY over the 7900GTO. Anyway, if nobody else had this problem in battlefield 2142 I guess I'll have to live with it...

but thanks for all the suggestions guys

Well same here! I never had this problem with my 7900GTX either but now I noticed that I can play the same map on the same server for a few hours and as people come and go sometimes you get lag when there is more players with a higher ping and this is where I get the frame drops. :)