Sign in to follow this  
WooKiE_MaN

FX-60 & DFI Expert Little Help Guys

Wookie Man, the problem is that 32-bit windows can only see 3.25 gb ram max. You need to use a 64-bit windows in order to utilize the full 4 gb.

This isn't a Bios, hardware or timing issue. It is a Windows issue.

----------

@ aigomorla Those D-Tek blocks look really nice, you post prompted me to do some research and they certainly look like great performers...

Now if only Wookie Man could find them in Australia. One of Petra'sTech kits would be perfect for him, but he would have to make special arrangements with Petra's to ship internationally (if they would) and if it didn't cost too much to ship it.

i cant promise anything, but you should contact petratech. The guys there are seriously awesome. I always pick petra as my first stop because there fast, and they seriously try to fix any problems that may arise.

EK blocks are native in UK. he might have a easier time finding them at a UK based store then a US store. But you should try to contact petra's. They might just do it!

i cant promise anything, but you should contact petratech. The guys there are seriously awesome. I always pick petra as my first stop because there fast, and they seriously try to fix any problems that may arise.

EK blocks are native in UK. he might have a easier time finding them at a UK based store then a US store. But you should try to contact petra's. They might just do it!

WRONG! EK water blocks come form Slovenia and you can get them easily by just going to their website. This is a small company therefore they care for every customer and their customer service is really outstanding. I have been using them for years since I wasn't ready to shell out 130$ for a full cover block made by DD when they first started. First I thought the prices will come down after everybody got on the WC train but I guess I was wrong. They still want 130$ for their blocks. If you ask me this is too much! Go to EK for half the price!

Wookie Man, the problem is that 32-bit windows can only see 3.25 gb ram max. You need to use a 64-bit windows in order to utilize the full 4 gb.

This isn't a Bios, hardware or timing issue. It is a Windows issue.

----------

@ aigomorla Those D-Tek blocks look really nice, you post prompted me to do some research and they certainly look like great performers...

Now if only Wookie Man could find them in Australia. One of Petra'sTech kits would be perfect for him, but he would have to make special arrangements with Petra's to ship internationally (if they would) and if it didn't cost too much to ship it.

if u read my question better u will understand....

BIOS detects 3 gig not 4......so its a bios error too.....

any specific settings in order for bios to find 4 gig?

Well, not sure about the BIOS not seeing 4 gigs... guess you'll have to do some searching around here to see if anything turns up.

If you can't find anything, It will be worth starting a new thread about it - you'll probably get a lot more views then you are in this thread.

I see several problems Don't use half multi's They don't work

You only need 1.42 to 1.46 to hit 2900 plus

Disable cpc as you are running 4 dimms which is major stress......... run 2t command

change tref to 4708 or 3120 try 4708 first

set drive strenght to 7 or 8 try 7 first

IdleCycle Limit can go to 128 or even 64

if u read my question better u will understand....

BIOS detects 3 gig not 4......so its a bios error too.....

any specific settings in order for bios to find 4 gig?

memory hole for PCI MMIO = enable, do that, windows can detect 3.5 at most.

next, what do you have for a powersupply, that might be your problem for your stability issue.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73137

recommends gxs700.