FX-60 & DFI Expert Little Help Guys

It is amazing how poor your gigabyte WC kit is...

It is most definately the temps holding you back... It also makes me wonder if the TIM between the core & IHS isn't making good contact.

From the link you provided, I would probably stay away from the evolution series kits, as I don't like the pump included. It only has 1.65m head, my suggestion would be to get something closer to 3m head.

The Radiical series looks much better to me & the pump included (D5) is an excellent choice & can give you better then 3m head. I don't know anything about the waterblocks, so you will have to do some research there.

The Swiftech kits are excellent and I am sure that you would be happy with them, certianly happier then you are now. Their Rads are pretty decent & the Apogee cpu block is a great performer for the money. If you can get your hands on the Storm block, it is one of the best blocks around.

Either way, I'm sure it will outperform your current setup...

Good luck!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh thanks guys

so u reckon temps are holding me back??

well im debating to get this

http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod4003.htm

or this

http://www.radiical.com.au/products/Radiic...xtremeD5Kit.asp

MAN THE GIGBYTE COOLER SUCKS butt!!!! i fink its ideal for single core cpus....might chuck it on my opti...:D

If you necessarily want to go with a kit than go with the Swiftech one. I don't trust the CPU WC block on the other one. :)

I am going to lean towards the Swiftech kit as well, they are tried & true.

I am also a bit skeptical about the waterblock in the radiical kit, but according to a review of that block it performs on par with the DD TDX, so it could go either way. If I remember correctly (which I may not, so take this with a grain of salt) , It seems to me that the Apogee is a slightly better performer then the TDX. We may only be talking about 1c or maybe 2c difference (if I am in fact remembering accurately), so it doesn't really matter too much.

I am going to lean towards the Swiftech kit as well, they are tried & true.

I am also a bit skeptical about the waterblock in the radiical kit, but according to a review of that block it performs on par with the DD TDX, so it could go either way. If I remember correctly (which I may not, so take this with a grain of salt) , It seems to me that the Apogee is a slightly better performer then the TDX. We may only be talking about 1c or maybe 2c difference (if I am in fact remembering accurately), so it doesn't really matter too much.

Right on! Reviews could be seen whit different eyes but our experience always will be there! DD TDX or Swiftech Storm/Apogee is the way to go for now on CPU blocks! :)

Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me.

I have a very simular system (see sig), but I am not 100% clued up on Overclocking. I have a decent watercooling system that cools all the components, with stock temperatures:

CPU: 25c

Chipset: 32c

Gcard 1: 30c

Gcard 2: 32c

Watercooling Kit:

MountainMods U2-UFO - Black BigWindow Opti1203

Matrix Orbital MX412 Black Keypad

Swiftech Storm G4 CPU Waterblock

2x EKWaterblock-FC78 - Full Cover

EKWaterblock-NF4 Rev1.1

ThermoChill PA120.3 Radiator

6x Nexus D12SL-12 Black & White 120mm Fans

Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra

I tried the settings for my RAM that PhoetuS suggested (apparently recommended by OCZ), my computer posts but resets before windows loads (after it has raided my hard drives).

If anyone could help me gain the benefits of my equipment I would be very greatful.

Regards,

Eclipse - Andy

I just purchased the FX60 a few weeks ago and is has been interesting oc'ing it...weird little chip. Anyway, 3000mhz plus is effortless on WC...as simple as increasing the multi/vcore my friend.

Dear Lord, I mistakingly thought they spoke English in the Melbourne area...shows how out of touch and Westernized I truly am.

@Charmed: Those temps might not be bad on air, but his chip is currently watercooled.

@Eclipse-Andy: Several questions...

Did you remember to drop your CPU multi to 10 & your HTT multi to 4?

If you forgot to change the CPU multi, your chip would be @ 3250mHz...

Those are the things that immediately jump out to me...

If you haven't already done it, read the OC guide (link in my sig). That will give you the basics, actually a lot more then basics really, of OCing these A64s. Other than that, if you still can't get the settings to work, you will need to post all your BIOS settings, so we can have a look at them & offer specific advice.

You already have excellent cooling, so temps shouldn't really be a limiting factor.

thanks guys mostly appreciated

looks like ill be getting a swiftech kit...:D

Swiftech H20-APEX Ultra Liquid Cooling Kit

thats wat im gonna get...as i dont really want to water cool GPU and CHIPSET, rather concentrate on the CPU

:D

also im gonna think about putting it into a silverstone TJ07 with dual rads...one at top and one on bottom

temps should be REALLY good then...:D

so ill get 2x rads for the w.c system.....u reckon the pump will be enf??