:( - Dead Pixel - Can anything be done to fix it?

CharmedLover84

Hey guys...

Just noticed today that my Dell 24" monitor has it's first dead pixel :( Least I'm 99% sure it's a dead-un.

Is there anyway to fix or "clean" them off? I'm assuming not but just wanted to check. I'm gonna check whether it's still under warranty in the morning cuz if it is, I'm so getting a new one.

But :( vewy sad. Luckily it's in the lower right hand corner in a place I can barely see it.

Also, since I've now had my first, should I expect more?

Check the manufacturer policy which will most likely specify that after X amount of dead/stuck pixels they will replace the screen free of charge in that warranty period. Very few will replace with only 1 dead/stuck pixels.

Most cases, a dead (black) pixel or stuck lit (white or colored) pixel is impossible to fix.

You could try: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

No guaranties. Good luck.

Check the manufacturer policy which will most likely specify that after X amount of dead/stuck pixels they will replace the screen free of charge in that warranty period. Very few will replace with only 1 dead/stuck pixels.

Most cases, a dead (black) pixel or stuck lit (white or colored) pixel is impossible to fix.

You could try: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

No guaranties. Good luck.

Agreed! Check this out and it may help you!

I had a dead pixel on my Apple 30" cinedisplay. I was a little pissed to say the least. You pay a lot for equipment and it dies within two months. Apple replaced the entire monitor though. (A new monitor and it didn't cost me anything!) Check the warranty a.s.a.p., if it wasn't for my warranty, I'd be out a lot of $!$!$