Need For Speed: Underground

Newb_ocer

oh man, i'm gonna have to get this game now...the only racing game i've really ever liked and played a lot was gran tourismo 2 for playstation, but this looks sweet. I was wondering about the paint jobs....is it completely custom? Like can you use photoshop or something and completely "paint" any designs you want? That would be sweet.

also, i was wondering if they list RL prices in the game? I think it would be sweet to know how much your "dream machine" would cost you in RL.

Would the game run fine on the system in my sig??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yur system looks like it should handle it without a prob

sys reguirments:

CPU:700mhz or faster

RAM:256mb

DiskDrive: 8x or faster cdrom

HDD: 2gb or more free space

Video: DX9 compatible (gf2 and up/ati7500 and up)

soundcard: dx9 compatible (its a THX certified game )

I am thinking about getting this game but how is the gameplay? I am about to finish Midnight Club II and I have to say that it is a pretty good game due to the non-linear gameplay/levels. Is NFS Underground similar in level structure/gameplay?

I just got the game, OMG its by far the best pc driving game, played it for 3 hours straight, i completely lost track of time.

Thx lobbdogg, that info came in handy, although i went into that folder copied it, then send it to my other comp and put it in the exact same spot, but it didnt work?

Edited by TypicalSloan

I am thinking about getting this game but how is the gameplay? I am about to finish Midnight Club II and I have to say that it is a pretty good game due to the non-linear gameplay/levels. Is NFS Underground similar in level structure/gameplay?

its kinda along hte same lines as midnight club 2... you have to work your way up the street ranks but in different aspects ( drifting, drag, sprint...ect ) but i found the fact that you can build up your car alot nicer and the fact that they used real cars in this game made a big difference too ( even tho i still choose to use the miata )

Edited by KaluMinati

hmm, I'm not too sure why it didn't work for ya, mine worked wonderful. Maybe instead of the whole folder, just copy the files. You'll need the profiles.usr file to make it work. But by doing this you'll lose the ability to access your current profile because the one you are copying will overwrite your current one.

Hey, is this game out for the PC yet? full retail version? Or are you all playing the demo?? Where did you guys find it, i can't find it. I've seen xbox, gamecube, ps2 versions, but only preorder, or nothing for PC. Also, can you use a paint program like photoshop to fully customize paint jobs? (i hope so)

And it kinda sucks that there's no damage...that was one of the drawbakcs of gran tourismo, but i thought the need for speeds always had damage...why would they get rid of that? odd

I'm done with the MX5 now. I am working on an Integra and a Civic as of right now. I also have a 240SX on the backburner.

Claymeow: The demo is available at http://www.needforspeed.com

The multiplayer works quite well. You can actually play PS2 vs PC, PS2 vs PS2, and PC vs PC. I've had some problems connecting to PS2 users though, I think its protocol related and EA should put in something to distinguish PC users from PS2 users.

As for the paintjobs I haven't figured out if they are TGA or BMP. Probably a ripper could tell you.

According to the FAQ on needforspeed.com:

Q. Will there be any downloadable content (Paint Jobs, Cars, etc.) for Need for Speed Underground?

A. Due to the compatibility between the PlayStation

Edited by ClayMeow