Sign in to follow this  
Guest Radiohead_merged

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe S939 NFORCE4 SLI ATX M/B

CPU - Idle 35C Load 50C

Chipset - Idle 40C Load 44C

The load temp is after 30 minutes of Prime95

I'm happy with my chipset temps. I'd like to work on the CPU still. I have some things that I want to rearrange in my case. I'm going to wire my house soon, so that I can remove the wireless card that I currently have in the case. I'm also going to lap my heat sink. It's a Thermaltake RX K8 that has a pretty poor finish on it. It's quiet though.

My chipset temps are better then yours, cpu still goes to about 51 in orthos. I've decided to enable cool and quiet. Running cpu at stock now. I was able to play through the entire Batman Begins HD-DVD without any stuttering. I'm satisfied so far. Seems like a waste though, as this setup was able to do 2.9 @ 1.35V

My chipset temps are better then yours, cpu still goes to about 51 in orthos. I've decided to enable cool and quiet. Running cpu at stock now. I was able to play through the entire Batman Begins HD-DVD without any stuttering. I'm satisfied so far. Seems like a waste though, as this setup was able to do 2.9 @ 1.35V

It sounds like you got a killer chip. I'm jealous. Mine crapped out at 2.8. I had to settle for 2.7 on my gaming rig. *sigh*.

I love my gaming box, but from my experience HTPC is a different animal. Putting a lot of hot things in a little space and keeping them cool and quiet is a new challenge. Glad to hear the the movie is working for you.

I got an ASUS A8N-SLI SE, my temps are very low, cpu 35/40

chipset 33/35

GPU 50/63

HD 29/30

I got an Antec Atlas, with 2 92mm in the front, and 1 120mm in the back.

Dont no if that helps.

I would have jumped all over that case if it was available when I bought the P180B. The A8N32-SLI Deluxe I picked up last week is much more than I had hoped for after my 1st, only, & last DFI experience.