Looking to get a new hard drive

I am looking to get a new hard drive and I currently have two very old ATA Maxtors. Should I change to SATA or stick with ATA. Is there anything I should know on setting up SATA hard drives. I do have a slight OC as you can see from my sig.

Thanks

Go with SATA2 for sure no question about that. SATA2 drives are straight forward there is no complication with setting them up. I'd suggest getting 2 hard drives and putting them in RAID 0. Don't worry about getting large drives unless you use the space. Brand doesn't really matter, most hard drive companies offer warranties longer than you usually keep them anyways lol. I would suggest either Western Digital or Seagate. Get 2 160GB Seagate SATA2 16MB Cache hard drives and put them in RAID 0, you'll be set. They go for about $70 Canadian a piece but I don't know how much they will be in Japan. RAID 0 will give you a noticeable performance gain. Your OS will load faster, large files load faster, games load quicker etc. If you put 2 160GB hard drives in RAID 0 you'll still get the full 320GB, all RAID 0 does is installs files onto both drives so that when you load you are loading from 2 different locations which = faster load times. Cheers.

I'm actually not sure if you can clone a regular hard drive to a RAID array but I imagine there is some possible way. Search around on the forum here or maybe someone else would like to chip in on this thread. Click on Members List at the top and then ask a bunch of regulars here at the forum with a high post count. You should get an answer pronto.

I have two ATA 133 drives installed (1 WD and 1 Max) and about a year ago installed a 300GB Seagate SATA with absolutely no problems. I still run all the drives and have no problems at all.

Raid- Depending on your BIOS you may have to play with it to get it to work on the NF3's. But for Non-Raid it works great.