"80% of games created are crap"

Angry_Games

Some EB Games must still sell PC games, but in my town in NE Florida they stopped carrying them and the ignorant store clerk told me it was nationwide [he obviously didn't know what he was talking about, since others here can still get them at EBG in other states]. I haven't bought a PC game since December of 2004 or '05, and that was Painkiller Black Limited Edition DVD, and at EB Games here. I'm looking to get "Prey-Collectors Edition DVD" but BestBuy and Wal-Mart want @ $60+ for it. I tried the demo and it rocks on dual ATI Uber Edition cards in CrossFire mode; the graphics are awesome at the highest settings.

My non-gaming friends and family members laugh at me too, old_geekster, but I don't mind. I'll stop gaming when they pry my cold, dead fingers off my Laser gaming mouse! I have consoles too but haven't used them in years. Maybe I'll even break down and get a PS-3, if the price ever drops to half or more of the $600 I've seen them go for. Xbox 360 is OK and I like some of the games, but I'm a PC gaming junky and live to get the best 3-D performance out of any computer I set my mind to building. Over $3,000 invested in the rig I'm typing on now, and it's already becoming a dinosaur [kinda like me], but it's mine and it plays anything I through at it and at the highest possible settings.

:)

i just cant bring myself to a console.... except probably Wii.... those things r just bloody fun...

well, im probably not that old of a geekster, but some of my buddies including some coworker always laugh..well... make joke...well not really, they just have *that* kind of look y'know? when i said i could spend all night long on BF2142.... thats when they dont know what BF2142 is... if i try to explain it, it just get worse.....

oh well...

sorry to hear some EB in states doesnt carry games anymore... Walmart PC games selection sux here, altho not that bad i guess...

I haven't tried a Wii yet, but they do look like fun.

Age is "relative" I think. I haven't gotten to the half century mark yet, so I'm not over-the-hill, just reaching the summit. I know that "look", since I get it too when I talk gaming to some of my non-gaming buds. Telling them I'd played CS:S half the night, back when I did, and they don't have a clue. I have an easier time talking to their kids about games, even some 5 year olds, then my friends give me that "other look" like how can I talk to their kids when they can't [hehehe].

Bad game seletion at the wally-World here too. That's why I miss getting them at EB. Maybe I'll call the EB Corporate and see why the store butt-ociate told me they stopped carrying PC games, when that's obviously not the case nationwide. If I'm lucky, maybe I can still order them there. Thanks all, for the feedback.