Sign in to follow this  
juvenile2k

corsair Hx620w not enough juice for 8800gtx?

Ya, I was very sceptical when they thought maybe my PSU was not up to spec, I chose this PSU specially for this card after readings lots of reviews as well as its recommendation here. The card has been rather quirky from the get go and I have no reason whatsoever to think that the PSU is broken.

Just to add:

At stock the 8800GTX ran easily 3dmark06 for 8 hours without a hitch on my computer.

Ya, I was very sceptical when they thought maybe my PSU was not up to spec, I chose this PSU specially for this card after readings lots of reviews as well as its recommendation here. The card has been rather quirky from the get go and I have no reason whatsoever to think that the PSU is broken.

Just to add:

At stock the 8800GTX ran easily 3dmark06 for 8 hours without a hitch on my computer.

Sounds like you're on your way to solving the issue. Sucks when a sweet card like that won't push much higher - but at that point, the performance is so good, that anything more is just pure fun and bragging rights :)