Opteron Prices jump!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They overclock much better on average than an A64.

Opterons are A64 procs man :D they have the sse2 flags as most other X2 procs, the main difference is Opterons have a bigger Level Cache & are made with higher quality silicon than your X2 counterpart this is why they are labeled as Server Processors.

^^

have you ever pass from 1.8Ghz to 2.8ghz with only 1.28V on a chip that was desing to work at 1.30-1.35V

well i did with my opty 165, prime stable for 8 hrs at 312*9 with only 1.28v (set at 1.31V in bios but read 1.28) thats what so good about an opty

it's the silicon man :)

let it burn, let it burn

Opterons are A64 procs man :D they have the sse2 flags as most other X2 procs, the main difference is Opterons have a bigger Level Cache & are made with higher quality silicon than your X2 counterpart this is why they are labeled as Server Processors.

Actually the 1xx series is considered a workstation CPU. Workstation CPUs don't support ECC registered RAM or dual socket motherboards. That is in contrast to the 2xx series, which are server CPUs and require ECC registered RAM and can support dual sockets.

eh you know what I mean lol

Got mine today!

CCBBE 0615 EPMW :D

Still in testing but I've already hit 2.9ghz with stock volts with 32m Super Pi!!

Nice steping.

Thats the easy bit its the last 100mhz & 8 hours or Orthos that make you graft.