Opteron Prices jump!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any price jump here yet. I'll check it tomorrow, because maybe the market is slower here to react.

Very few have them in stock, but they still offer the 165 for about 170 - 190 $ and report that they will be available the next week.

I agree! People who have a 939 system who don't have a dualcore cpu should get one now while they can & clock stable as much as they can until AM3 gets here as im not moving until that at the earliest.

The Optys are still priced ok here in the UK, infact the price has dropped.

Got my Opty185 yesterday for £207 when just a month before from the same place it was £270.

And as you can see from my sig its a cracker.

Guest Radiohead

I picked up an oppty 170 heeere in Canaadaa for jussst over 200 a few weeks back. Good steppiing, think they only came in one stepping but its singing alonng at 2.8 at this point.

They overclock much better on average than an A64.

^^

have you ever pass from 1.8Ghz to 2.8ghz with only 1.28V on a chip that was desing to work at 1.30-1.35V

well i did with my opty 165, prime stable for 8 hrs at 312*9 with only 1.28v (set at 1.31V in bios but read 1.28) thats what so good about an opty

^^

have you ever pass from 1.8Ghz to 2.8ghz with only 1.28V on a chip that was desing to work at 1.30-1.35V

well i did with my opty 165, prime stable for 8 hrs at 312*9 with only 1.28v (set at 1.31V in bios but read 1.28) thats what so good about an opty

Well you cheated.. you and your h4xx0ring

lol