NF4 Ultra-D and Opteron 165 Problem

Hey guys, i know this is probably somewhat bios related, so i figured id ask here.

For some reason, i can't get cool'n'quiet (PowerNOW) to work on my Opteron 165.

-Cool'n'quiet enabled in bios

-AMD Driver Installed

-Power options set to Minimal power management

anyone know what im doing wrong?????

thx

because i preffer to have it on. my computer runs all day long, often doing nothing. id preffer it using as little power and being as cool running and quiet as possible.

so any idea wut the problem is. cpu is currently stock voltage and speed for testing purposes.

Well, if you do get it working, and then want to OC, you may want to try this :

(From another forum where they quoted here..LOL)

He left his Vcore on Auto & only changed his Special VID control to achieve a higher actual Vcore. He was still able to get a high OC with a higher then stock Vcore with none of the problems associated with C&Q switching the Vcore. As long as the underclock is stable at the undervolted Vcore + Special VID it was fine

as can be seen under my sig, i had my venice working the same way. auto + 13% special VID control. however, right now, everything is on auto and CnQ enabled in bios, and still can't get it to work. did a fresh install too to see if that was the problem

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I think I know what the problem is.

I just swapped my old A8N-E for a Ultra-D to play with my Opteron 165.

I am not using Cool & Quiet for Power Management but RMClock instead.

Well, here is the (strange?) catch: When plugged on my Asus, the minimum multi for the 165 was 4x, but on DFI it's 5x! You just can't select 4x and, if you do it with some software, it just freezes!

Cool & Quiet uses 4x as the minimum multi and for some reason this board doesnt support it.

P.S. I've used only official BIOSes so I don't know yet if any of the modded ones posted here actually solves this.