Changing boot order, with no *physical* changes!

Hey guys, just thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this... It's not so much a "I desperately need this fixed" problem, more of a small annoyance.

Having changed nothing device-wise or boot order-wise on my machine, every now and then (for no reason that I can see!) I get a "the boot order has changed, press F1 to ignore, or Del to enter Bios" warning when I boot up... It's just a bit annoying. Didnt used to do anything like that, I even took out the Removable Drive bit out of the boot order, thinking that might stop the messages. Nothing. They appear random.

Any thoughts? If possible I'd prefer not to change my Bios as I (accidentally) bought RAM with the wrong chipset, and finding out new settings is timeconsuming...

Have you had a usb pen stick plugged in or an Ipod/mp3 player or the like?

I had this when I forgot to unplug my Sony Ericsson W800 phone from the usb socket.

Any removeable media can act as a boot device if configured correctly and the mobo is detecting the devices and wondering if you want to boot from it.

linux is a popular choice for flash booting

No, no USB gear is plugged in when I boot. Oh, shoot, apart from my KB and mouse. Surely not though!

Heck, this little annoyance may have even started because I did have removables in and out during boot. It just seemed to continue on after I took the removable option out of the boot list. :(