dfi lanparty 250gb help

I was running my computer the other day and it turned off by itself and it wont power back on. It all started after I put in a new power cord.

I have tried to use a couple of different power supplies but it doesn't help.

It will run for a few minutes and power down by itself, there is no picture on the screen when I turn it on, no mother board info at all the screen just stays black.

I have tried new RAM, new power supply, unplugging most of the hard drives and the fans to see if I was over powering it, but nothing has worked.

Some times it would run for 10 minutes before power down but now it just turns on and off in a few seconds.

I think I blew the motherboard but would like to see if anyone else thinks it is anything else.

It is the computer in my profile.

Thanks for any help.

My vote is the Video Card too.

I have a couple of old agp video cards layin around if you want one for testing.

Just pay the shipping and one of em is yours.

I see you have the same card as me.

Mine died and BFG sent me a new one as soon as they got mine. Express Mail !!

One week Turnaround.

• 1 month later...

It will run for a few minutes and power down by itself, there is no picture on the screen when I turn it on, no mother board info at all the screen just stays black.

I have the same problem man...no VGA at all. I am RMA'ing this mobo today. Swapping AGP cards should illuminate the problem as others have said. When I did this however, still no joy, so I have to RMA.

My computer guru dude was stumped. Evidently it's not the GPU, PSU or RAM. You might try emailing http://[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm starting to see a pattern of people having problems with their nf3 250gb boards when they're using all 3 slots. Most posts i see are 1gb in one slot, and the other 2 with 512mb sticks. I don't know if the memory controller is not liking this, but I'm just seeing a lot of posts like this.

Just something to ponder. Maybe a call to dfi or email tek support and ask them.