Another 7950 or 8800

Bubbaxm2

Try to make up my mind if I want to order another 7950gt superclocked and SLI or if I should step up to an 8800 series card. Any benefits to either? Is sli a big pain in the butt to setup? Any thought or opnions would be greatly appreciated...

Try to make up my mind if I want to order another 7950gt superclocked and SLI or if I should step up to an 8800 series card. Any benefits to either? Is sli a big pain in the butt to setup? Any thought or opnions would be greatly appreciated...

If you plan on upgrading to vista in the future, id go with an 8800 as they fully support directX 10....I dont think the 7950's support dx10 at all so you wont be able to play games like Alan Wake and Crysis...correct me if I am wrong.

i would just wait tbh, im sure ur not getting any lag wit that card

the thing people (us) have to wait and see, is how much of a difference will we see between like a 7900gtx and a 8800gts in a game like crysis, dx10 based

will it be worth the upgrade?

Hmm well I fior one is not all that happy with my 8800, don't get me wrong its is a powerful card, but its hard for me to get all my games to run @ high resolutions, don't know if its a driver issue or lack of support from games, I know having widescreen don't help, but my 1900XT did not suffer like this, E.g C&C ZH will only run @ 1152 X 864, but with the 1900XT 1440 X 900 or something close to that was possible, I am relying on WS hacks @ the moment to be able to play BF2 & 2142, R6, to play @ 1680 X 1050, COD2 and Oblivion seem to run fine though!