Sign in to follow this  
Anospa

Suspicious Packages? More advertising

Yeah, so today was fun on the T in Boston. Had to wait 2 hours outside for a bus after lines were shut down due to "police activity." Pretty pissed, finally got home from classes. (Too pissed off to notice the curb on the way home thats been there for years and popped a tire, so had to put the donut on and go to the mechanic, adding more to an already funfilled day.)

The subway had been closed down due to "police activity." Something had been found attached to a support column and the police closed down the T and Route 93 to find out what it was. The detonated it, and later explained the object was LED lights attached to a circuit board. About 10 more were found throughout the city attached to bridges or other objects. All they ended up being were LEDs of one of the mooninites from ATHF. Had the subway and highway and every other way tied up for a better part of the day. They've been up for about 3 weeks now I read and remember seeing the big billboard near Assembly Sq. and something near where the Sullivan Sq one was found.

I totally get where the police and media are coming from, but is it so incredibly hard for the media and news anchors to stay up on popular culture? If they did their jobs to the fullest extent, then this whole deal would have easily been avoided. Someone would have noticed the character for what it was, and the situation would have been a lot less demanding. I guess another thing to ask is what is the difference between this and graffiti?

Sorry for the rant, but, figured you guys should hear this. Originally I was incredibly pissed about what was happening, now I'm just laughing at how dumb this situation is.

I'm so glad I left Boston before all that went down. Or I would have been stuck at school since they blocked off huntington near massart and I go to school right there.

You know that's pretty thoughtless to "advertise" like that...mhm...let me take a PCB...some LEDs... and a battery, stick it in a backpack, yeah that shouldn't raise the terror alert level and waste hundreds of thousands of tax dollars. :rolleyes: freaking idiots. Somebody better pay for this ..

You know that's pretty thoughtless to "advertise" like that...mhm...let me take a PCB...some LEDs... and a battery, stick it in a backpack, yeah that shouldn't raise the terror alert level and waste hundreds of thousands of tax dollars. :rolleyes: freaking idiots. Somebody better pay for this ..

I expect Massachusetts to pass legislation that all bombs must be clearly marked as EXPLOSIVE DEVICES so as to not needlessly alarm the public.

I expect Massachusetts to pass legislation that all bombs must be clearly marked as EXPLOSIVE DEVICES so as to not needlessly alarm the public.

wahahahahaha

that's government at work for us!

Anybody else get the feeling that the Governor, Police Commissioner, etc, etc in Massachusetts all just feel like huge idiots for making a big deal out of this and now they want to make somebody pay for it?

Note to self: When making anything in the future, don't show wires and batteries, as apparently anything including both can be construed as terrorist activity.

I hate stupid people.

The sad thing is they won't just let it go. In my opinion, the Commissioner should apologize to everyone for making a big deal out of what was nothing. Certainly their bomb squad sucks complete butt for not being able to tell that it wasn't a bomb and blowing one of them up 'to be sure'. Gimme a break. And are you telling me none of the police force has ever seen the show? I find that exceedingly unlikely and all it would take is a couple phone calls to track down what they are.

God I hate stupid people.

Yeah, but what would happened when nobody paid attention and something did blow up, then the story would be reversed and everybody would be pissed for not checking out the suspicious devices. As far as I know some of the devices weren't visible in plain view and stashed inside backpacks, so who would risk opening it to make sure it's not something dangerous? Either way somebody is always unhappy with the situation. I'd rather be safe, but somebody should have to pay for the wasted money.