Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM Review [lotsa pics]

Redbeaver

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not a fan of calling up tech support every time my hardware changes.

It feels like calling home to mum to get permission to change your underwear. :O

Working in tech-support for a living is bad enough, let along being on the consumer-end of it! hehe :P

I'll see how it goes regarding OEM software, won't rule anything out just yet.

I'm running BF2142 @ 1600x1200 w/ 2xAA, full detail, 50-60fps.

FPS drops a lot when getting clobbered by titan guns, but no big deal :P

Haven't tried BF2142 in Vista yet, but will let you know how it goes.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

Redbeaver i run bf2 on my current pc at ..50 - 60 fps 1024 x 768 4 x AA, med / high with 1gb of ram it jaggy for a few seconds and when in a heavy firefight, at 2gb ram (tested with another set of mine ) it had no jags

hell yeah... i had the 1gb to 2gb upgrade when im on 6600GT too...

like heaven n earth ;)

@stickman, yah i kno how it feel... im really tempted to try on Vista too, but SLI doesnt seems to work... once i got it working with the right driver ill install it... of course hopefully before the new expansion is out :P

man i was so into BF2142 at one point, and sometime in december, it went poof.... lol i dunno... got bored i guess... altho i played BF2 for like a year... heh i was top 200 for a while too right after they cleared out the padders... didnt play for like 2 months im lucky if im 20,000 now lol

Great posting RB, very informative and plenty of pics (I love pics)...

I think I might hold off vista for a few months and then take the plunge.

Got the Vista x64 Ultimate version, runs great, still waiting for a few drivers for my palm and other things. I looked at the vid card in hardware manager and it said it is using a older version of drivers. but it works great and i am enjoying this new toy, the only bad thing is that not a lot of companies are supporting it with new drivers for x64.

yes. x64 still seems to be a big issue even with Vista :(

sorry about the lack of updates, but for the next few ones will have updates on:

- Windows DVD Maker (unbe-f**in-lievably great!!)

- Supreme Commander (Dx10 game on Dx10 OS running on Dx9 - SLI - Hardware. this must be interesting. Shipped on Feb. 20th).

- Firewall/Networking/Sharing with XP and Mac machines

I have a question about Vista and MS Office 2007, when I had XP Pro and Office, I could add my wife's email and mine, I did this by going to Control Panel->Mail and added both accounts, now in Vista I dont have that option Mail in the control panel, how would I add my wife's email to office?

Thanks

in Outlook 2007 or Outlook Express Vista?

I dont have any retail to try it out, but i had Outlook 2007 BETA installed for a while in XP Home. If my memory serves me correctly, its pretty similar. Click on Tools under Outlook2007, go to Email Accounts (click on the arrow on the bottom if it summarizes the menu), and Add account.

The only new thing i noticed in Outlook Express Vista is that u cant add HTTP based email anymore... such as Hotmail or Yahoo...

I never used Outlook Express, I am talking about Outlook 2007. For some reason unkown to me I cant find Mail in the Control panel in the Vista x64 system, like i had in XP Pro. I guess Vista x64 does not have Mail in the Control Panel