Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM Review [lotsa pics]

Redbeaver

yup, it is more responsive than XP IMO, specially after u run it for a week...

for the scoring, im not curious about the CPU, im just wondering if the limit is 6.0 or 10.0 lol

yes Creative driver seems to b better, but 'what u hear' is disabled for stereo mixing (tsk tsk tsk, what were u trying to do? lol).

im just playing wit the overclocking side of Vista, the only program known to work to overclock the VGA so far is Ntune 5.5. Other doesnt work. ill bench 3dmark06 on both stock n oc'd (if i can reach the same speed)

300? u luck sob, running WMP for MP3 or online radio, MSN Messenger, Sidebar with 5 objects (including 100headline RSS), im hovering between 900MB ~ 1.01Gb..... :D just trying to work with no tweaking at all... on 3dmark i will shut these down, but on working with Office products (2003) and IE, everything is on... they all seems very fast...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuppA-SnipA

so what consists of a major upgrade? and would it be in single part upgrade or multiple?

what?

u mean to upgrade to Vista? looking at ur hardware, if the gaming capabilities hasnt let u down yet, ur hardware is good... no need to upgrade.

sure, alt-tab3D might slouch abit with 128Mb VGA...

sure, opening apps isnt the same with having 2Gb of RAM...

but it will NOT be any slower than XP... the experience that is, not the gaming...

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i meant for the OEM license, u cant make any major hardware changes, so what is a major hardware change? is it one peice of hardware or multiple peices of hardware ?

my pc runs pretty good with current games, i borrowed my dads 1 gb of ram, same model as mine, ran alot of games so much better, so i deff need the 2 x 1 gb upgrade and video card lol, check it out, bf2142 on vista ALL high with 4 x AA on 2gbs of ram, and my current video card, 30 -35 fps, not bad at all

Guest synergy
Ok, that was the only reason I was curious about this

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/show...postcount=1299

I tried it but It did not let install any other versions, it just said your trying to install a 64 bit app on 32 bit hardware. I'm ok with the 64.....I just thought it would be cool if you could install the 32 also without buying another disk.

An option you could look at is downloading an AIO (all in one) version then use your CD-Key for the appropriate version you bought. I found a disk that has every version in 32 and 64 bit. I am running in evaluation to see how it works before I actually buy it. BTW this is build 6000 RTM on the disk I got.

negative. if its the same with XP anyway :P

plus, OEM means once u change the hardware, but u need to call them to make sure u only install it in one PC...

anyway, as little as harddrive change will trigger activation. CPU change. DDR upgrades. trust me, i tried...

Guest SuppA-SnipA

dang...so i change the hardware, i gota call to reactivate? thats a bummer, i guess after all my upgrades ill buy vista oem, are reinstalls easy with oem?

sorry for noobish questions but i dont deal with oem OS

...check it out, bf2142 on vista ALL high with 4 x AA on 2gbs of ram, and my current video card, 30 -35 fps, not bad at all

Your framerate and settings are meaningless without a screen resolution to put it with.

What res you running there? Will help me decide whether to bother installing Vista yet.

Nice work Red Beaver, keep up the good reporting.

I'm certainly NOT getting an OEM version now! So I'll probably just get the standard Vista Ultimate 32bit for now.

[Edit: Updated my sig due to hardware upgrades... definitely no OEM version for me!!!! ]

Stickman

whats wrong with u people? lol

its $250CAD cheaper for a 5 minute phone calls... Everything else is exactly the same... u could upgrade first THEN activate. u do get a 30 days before u need to activate...

but hey, whatever rock ur boat ;)

sorry for being late with the updates guys, few things caught up :( non vista related lol

Guest SuppA-SnipA

oh i was running bf2142 @ 1024 768 - thats what i run all my games at

and Stickman whats wrong with oem software?