Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM Review [lotsa pics]

Redbeaver

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u google DRM ull get more info than what i could explain coz im not so much into those HD-DVD/Blu-ray stuff.... but seems like those are the "protected" copies...

any .avi files or .mkv under Xvid or even x264 for HD res. videos seems fine... all of my DVDs play just fine... all with the KliteCodePack found at www.codecguide.com

mp3s i purchased from either iTunes or other sites doesnt get problems with Winamp....

heck, even Daemon tools (the latest one only!) installed just fine...

Yeah, the rating will pick the lowest score u have as their total. instead of Average. and that 5.4 is with my 2.9+Ghz X2.... wonder what CoreDuo will score...

Forceware 100.59 is a BETA, non-WHQL, and if u download from Nvidia.com it will only install on 8800 series :) if u look on Guru3d.com they have a modified .inf...

but for the review sake, i'll stick with WHQL stuff. Maybe when i get to Performance bench's, if they suck, i'll try it out ;)

edit: ok ive read again the 97.46 driver page and it IS recommended that u download the 100.59 driver... although that one does NOT have SLI support for 6 and 7 series.... Now that's a bit odd... im using 96.46 now and SLI option is there. I do NOT know about the performance, but we'll just have to see :)

The 100.59 driver from the nvidia site will install on 7800gtx at least, I did it myself. It should support SLI on 6 series and 7 series but NOT 8800 series, that will come in a future driver.

That page is confusing lol, I'm not sure if SLI should work or not.

i just reformatted windows vista, i use the realtek drivers for sound... im not doing any raid.. so no need for raid driver for me, so far windows vista has been stable and i cant believe it, it is also quick and more responsive than xp... switching to the realtek vista driver has got rid of all my bsod.. so any of you guys that has problem with sound driver from ms.. try the realtek drivers on your nf4 chipset.. i have a lil bit off game issue games not displaying properly but i can live with that.. my games are still playable like cod2 cs source.. im begining to like vista so far.

Actually 5.9 is the highest you can get. I get 5.9 on everything except the CPU. What's it take to get a freakin 5.9? I've got a C2D 6600 running at 3.2.

scoreao4.jpg

The only thing I hate with Vista, besides it using 300 MB more memory, is you can forget about ever using a stereo mix to record "what you hear". I'm sure the DRM has pressured the sound card manufacturers to block it. I've tried a soundcard from Soundblaster and Turtle Beach as well as onboard and nada. The onboard didn't work with XP, but the other two did.

The good thing is the Audigy 2 doesn't pop anymore playing music like it did with XP.