looking at upgrading any ideas what to get

opterondave

if you look at my sig you will see what i have now looking at upgrade it though as want to go dual core and have done what i can with the hardware i have thank for any ideas aired

if you look at my sig you will see what i have now looking at upgrade it though as want to go dual core and have done what i can with the hardware i have thank for any ideas aired

What do you mainly do with your rig? How much money do you have to spend on upgrades? Information like this will helps us give you recommendations on what to upgrade.

i have been looking at the opteron 165 as it happens seems great value for money because there seems to be some great overclocks on them thats only £90 still leaves £210 thanks for the ideas keep them coming please need to find the best way to spend the 300 to get best punch

what water speed does the 1/2 one usual have cause my pump only operates at 40L an hour

My pump (D5, see sig for complete H2O specs) operates ~560 L/hr. Typically 1/2" pumps put through (450-600 L/hr).

As a result hi-flow systems have a much higher heat removal capacity and can more effectively cool the system.

If you need help selecting components please post in the cooling section; there are quite a few of us running H2O and are more than happy to help out.

I can heartily recommend the Dual core Opterons. Also if you go for 170 or above you get more OC manoeuvring room with the higher multipliers.

As to the rest of your budget why not save it and see what happens to the DX10 GPU domain with ATI's new beast and the extended G8 range from NVids.

Good luck in your choice...