Sign in to follow this  
politbureau

Antec P190 Pics from around the web

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty excited about this case.

As an owner of 3 (yes three) P180s, I think it's one of the best cases to come along in awhile.

While not a big fan of the new side fan, the dual top exhaust and new features are welcome additions to a case I had already grown to love.

I do question why they chose to put more fans on their top of the line 'Quiet' case, but oh well. I guess the market is more enthusiast-based anyway, so it was bound to happen. Next year I'm sure we'll see a window on the P200, LOL.

These are the best Pics I could dig up:

Front 3/4

Interior

Power Supplys

Reverse Side

Side Panel w/ Fan

Top Exhaust Fans

Feature Changes from P180 (as far as I can tell) - UPDATED 02/08/07

- Dual PSUs, 1200W Combined - Will use proprietary 'Neo-Link' PSU setup - a standard 550W NeoHE PSU and a new 650W versions, one will be modular while the other will be hard wired

- Dual Top Exhausts - web reports are currently saying that the 120mm fans will not be 240mm rad compatible, at least without modification...

- No more spoiler!

- New Cutouts in Tray for cable organization

- Cable tie loops on back of tray

- Redesigned side panel material

- Side 200mm Fan

- Rear of case above slot covers is no longer vented

- Rear Pass-throughs for Watercooling tubing

- Sliding cable shield on middle shelf is gone

Cheers all!

I am also looking forward to this case as I have a P180 right now. The P190 was mentioned on another forum and I have been looking for good pics of it.

Any idea when we will be able to buy this?

I am also looking forward to this case as I have a P180 right now. The P190 was mentioned on another forum and I have been looking for good pics of it.

Any idea when we will be able to buy this?

Technically it hasn't even been announced yet, so no idea. These photo's are just from CES.

I have heard that there may be two versions available - one with the dual PSUs and one with a standard mount. Similarly, there might be an upgrade side panel with the 200mm fan available as a retrofit to the P180.

Cheers

there might be an upgrade side panel with the 200mm fan available as a retrofit to the P180.

Cheers

That would be so nice.........

I dotn like the seperate chambers in that case it makes cable management such a pain in the butt.

its still a crappy case design. layout wise

but the sound dampening and panel designs are very good though

I dotn like the seperate chambers in that case it makes cable management such a pain in the butt.
I agree on both accounts. However I think the benefits of the design far outweight the negatives.

Having now owned 3 of these cases (2 of them watercooled), I've realized that it just takes a bit of time and effort to get the cable management right. In fact I think it's Antec's credit that they've constantly responded to requests for changes in the design with ongoing revisions and improvements.

Personally I think this latest iteration looks to be the best yet. I'm stoked to get an SLI setup in there with that huge 200mm side panel fan, and similarly interested to see if/how a 240mm radiator will work with the two top blowholes. Now that 90% of PSU cables can be routed behind the motherboard tray, this should eliminate all the cabling issues previously associated with the case.

Now if only they'd add the option for a second front 120mm intake fan, things would be about perfect!