XFI Sound Card Problem

Timber Jockey

When I try and run BF2 Sound on Ultra High with Hardware rendering after a out 20min's of playing All I get is & a lot of sataic. I'm using a Creative Labs XFI Fatality Pro Series Sound Card. Latest drivers ( only drivers ). So what could be the problem ??

How are all your other games running with sound? If this game is the only one that has issues with your sound card than look into some patches directly for this game unless you've done that already. Did you look into the Single Core procedure in order to run the game properly? This is all i know....

Thx Mack27 :cool:

Ya it is the only game that does it & it only does it when I set BF2's sound to ultra High. I have the latest patch for the game ( 1.41 ) & the latest drivers for my sound card which is the one that comes with the cd. So I guess I'll have to leave the sound set to high.

How is the air flow around your card? It could be getting a bit hot in Ultra-High mode due to off-loading processes from the CPU. I have the same card and I run it on Ultra-High in BF2 but I have an open PC case so I've never experienced the static you speak of.

Thx Mack27 :cool:

Ya it is the only game that does it & it only does it when I set BF2's sound to ultra High. I have the latest patch for the game ( 1.41 ) & the latest drivers for my sound card which is the one that comes with the cd. So I guess I'll have to leave the sound set to high.

The latest drivers would be the ones from their website....

• 3 months later...
The latest drivers would be the ones from their website....

Sorry for bumping this thread back to the top, but I saw this comment and was thinking... "Ya, you'd think so." However, when you go to the creative website there are no drivers to download for the X-fi Xtremegamer sound card. So, it would appear that the CD that comes in the box actually DOES have the latest drivers. Which is ridiculous!