Sign in to follow this  
bozotheclown

Lanpary NF4 Ultra D and 4GB

Hi all,

I've got 4x Kingston HyperX 1GB modules in my board. I used to have 2x1GB of the same and it works great except......

If I don't enable PCI MMIO in the bios it detects approx3.4GB of RAM and so does Windows Vista RTM (X32).

If I do enable PCI MMIO in the bios it detects all 4GB of ram but the same Vista only detects 3GB of RAM.

How do I get my lost 1GB? Or is the claim of DFI and MS that they both with their Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D and Vista X32 support 4GB of RAM plain BS?

Patrick

What I'd like to know is where in the bios exactly you make the PCI MMIO setting ? I have the exact same problem and cannot get my 2 x 2GB HT Kingston modules to detect anything higher then the 3.4GB ... (So I have 4 x 1 GB modules)

I know x64 Vista and XP can work with 4GB but sofar I haven't been able to make my Bios detect it.

info: I have the DFI Lanparty NF4-Ultra D and bios 6.23 (latest official DFI version)

Sorry, indeed, I was going through the manual and saw it was the memory hole option ... Thanks for the fast reply :) another satisfied customer