• Bose
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

setup.png

More pictures of them are in the same directory. http://thasp.net:8080/pictures/setup/newer/DSC06631.JPG being a semi viewable closeup.

Thiel CS3.6. Was driven by an Adcom GFA-555 MKII, now a marantz 1060.

Two channels, no sub. If I had a dime for all the times I've been told true stereo sounds better than cheesy 5.1, I'd be able to afford 5.1 with surrounds, a center, and a sub of equal quality. :D But that probably won't happen until I get a new apartment, a bigger room, and a new job as CEO of a major corporation. :(

I used to use laptop speakers, and a $60 kmart tape player that was 15 years old, then when that blew out, the garbage TV speakers on a small toshiba TV became my stereo. It stayed this way until I had a job that allowed me to save up for a cheap but good(cheap being 1K) stereo, then a better job that allowed me to get these. Never again am I putting up with computer speakers, tape players, "toy" 5.1 speakers(speaker that is smaller than my hand = toy). I've been spoiled for the rest of my life. :D :D :D

• 4 weeks later...
I was thinking of getting the Z5500's (5.1), but I read somewhere that the satellites no longer have connector posts at the back for your speaker wire
I heard it was just the oppisite. I heard that the older ones don't have the plugs on the back

Turns out we were both right. Originally (when I saw the review) they were hardwired, but enough people complained that Logitech went back to connector posts :) .

The bad news is that my z560's died on me the other night, so I'm looking again.

Aside from the z5500's, I've been looking at the Edifier S5.1 5.1 Speaker System , but can't seem to find many reviews. What I have seen looks promising though.

If anyone here has heard them in person, I'd appreciate some input.