My New TEC Case/Rig ..

Are you using double-stacked fans on those rads, or are the guts cut out of one set for a "venturi" effect?

One hell of a rig there!

Thanks guys .. :)

The fans are Panaflows 38mm with some shiny new Arctic cooling 25mm ones underneath that have been gutted to provide some spacing to reduce noise and provide better airflow/pressure thru the radiators. I was originally going to use fan boxes but they were too wide at the base to fit two side by side on a 240 rad :(

As for the temps, it's idling now at about 9deg and does not get over 20deg under full load and is stable at 3.3GHz .. :) I didn't have much luck going over 3303MHz even at 1.75v so I decided to call it at 3303 :) The radiators are set up where one of the 240's cools the coolant before going into the CPU block then the second 240 cools the coolant after the CPU and before the GPU and C/S blocks .. :)

The disks are not raided :D The mess is from the build stage btw, the cabling in the lower section is all cleaned up now.

As for the separate rad box, well I did have a custom built aluminium box attached to the side of the case but the airflow was inadequate. With the rads on the top I have convection on my side and don't need to spin the fans as hard. It also needs to be portable to go to LAN's this symmetric set-up now makes it far easier than the side mounted fan box.

looks really bad =[

in my opinion . if i were to do such a project.

id put the rads and fans on a custom made box.

itll look alot cleaner. not to mention quieter as the fans are further away

I wouldn't say it looks really bad! I mean I agree with the idea to have all the WC gear in a separate box. I did this with my stuff just to keep all the heat etc. out of the case it self but other than that i think it is a great rig! :)

I wouldn't say it looks really bad! I mean I agree with the idea to have all the WC gear in a separate box. I did this with my stuff just to keep all the heat etc. out of the case it self but other than that i think it is a great rig! :)

There is no heat from the Radiators inside the case what so ever :) The towers draw air through the rad boxes they are mounted on on top of the case. There are no holes in the top of the case and the air is exhausted upwards. Hot air rises and natural convection in this configuration provides a fair amount of cooling with the fans giving it a little help along ;)

There's also airflow in the case the V2200 is divided into a Top and Bottom zone.

The top Zone has the FSP drive bay PSU (used for the Pelt) drawing in air and there is a 120mm exhaust fan at the back as well as the RAM and MOSFET fans mounted on the motherboard (all running at 50% at the moment).

The bottom Zone has a 120mm intake fan mounted at the front, infront of the drives and the PSU fans pull the air out at the back with the assistance of dual 80mm fans located above the PSU.

All in all it's reasonably quiet (cannot hear it over my HP 24 port switch) and the CPU sits at approx 10deg below ambient under full stress load, the GPU temps are about 10deg above ambient at full stress loads and the CS tends to be around 8-10 deg above ambient.