Random BSoD

Hey guys. I got my computer built around 01/10/07. While I was installing windows going though the update process with drivers and windows I was fine. I built this computer at a friends work place and it was fine there. When I got home I made sure that everything was still seated properly and start the thing up when I was done. I proceeded to install UT2004 and update that also. That was fine what happened next was when i booted the game up and loaded a map I got the BSoD. I had not OC'd yet just left everything on Optimized in the Bios. I ran Memtest and had a error on a sector in one of my sticks so I RMA’d those off then I put a set of Ultra DDR333 512 in the same sockets and reinstalled everything again while installing windows my computer had the same BsoD as the recent set of memory was giving me. So I RMA’d the processor for testing and the board off. AMD has called and told me that the processor is fine. My question is could the board be bad as I don’t hear DFI having any bad boards. Or could it have been the power supply as everything but the HD and DVD drive where brand new and the power supply is only 3 months old.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

idk, because It feels like Im having trouble with my motherboard, so saying DFI boards are indestructable would be false. lol.

I think it could possibly be the board then. Lately my Ultra-D MoBo has not been recognizing any ram, and has been beeping saying that it can't find ram. I put the ram in my friends rig, booted up fine. I put his ram in my rig, same thing.

Really confused to as what is going on -- still looking foward to getting this fixed though. I have a 8800GTS on the way and I want to be able to use it!

That aint what is happening. The computer will boot up but it is like when it gets under load it will crash with the BSoD. Heat levels are very low I think underload at 42C for a 170 Opteron on air. Im wondering could it be the power supply now since I see that everyone requires a 700W power supply so can anyone tell me if the antec truepower 2.0 550W is ok for my computer or could that be what is wrong with it crashing.

Once in windows run Prime95, torture test >blend.

If that fails it could be either the memory timings of power supply.

Also when you install the nvidia chipset drivers, were you using the latest ones?

And never install the nvidia firewall (network access manager software).

I didnt run prime95 because I have a Dual core Opteron so I ran the other one that starts with a O I dont remember the name at the moment cause im at work but how long should I run that. And if I run prime95, how long should I run that?

Ok TY so much for your help so far still no work. I got my new memory and called crucial and they told me the memory timings they were 2.8v 3-4-4-8 so that is what I memtested that worked for 4 passes they said if i get that far im good to test everything else for the problem so i did i proceeded to boot to windows got there and installed video card drivers and it crashed again so i didnt boot it up im calling DFI today should I go on and run orthos till I talk to them tonight

I don't know why Crucial would tell you that. It's not uncommon for errors to show up in Memtest long after 3 or 4 passes.

The timings they gave you are the primary only. All the secondary timings also have to be correct.

Since you are having stability issues, run Memtest as outline below. If the tests complete without errors you can be pretty sure the memory is physically not faulty. This does not indicate whether the timings are set correctly for Windows though.

Run tests #5 and #8 for a minimum of 10 passes each. If no errors are returned run the complete set of default tests for a minimum of 8-10 hours.

Im thinking that it could be my power supply still over the memory. Cause it seems to only be when the computer goes under stress. But Praz I will try you suggestion tonight if DFI tech support cant help me get this fixed.