Sign in to follow this  
Guest ElAguila_merged

650i chipset

I have a P5N-E sli and its a great board. 450 highest possible stable fsb on curent setup. In fact its like this board was made to run at 450 fsb. Like they had it it in mind to find a sweet spot and make so that it runs great there. Also I have my OC PC6400 ati branded 2x1 gig mem runnning at 1200 on this board. I love this board for a gamer budget ocer

Guest YuKoN

Ms.B, is your board the newer 650i, the 650i plus, or the older 680i board? i've been looking at the plus- and i've read that the plus board will do around 500 fsb with 6400 mem. just curious........

just got this board, changed from the gigabyte ds3, which had slow beches with my nvidia gpu, and overall lower benches than my new p5ne sli. awesome board im back to my sli again and happy.

my settings are 375*8, memory 700mhz cpu 3000mhz at 1.38v in bois, but its crazy how the cpu vcore drops under load to 1.29. without vga overclock yet popping out 6153 3dmarks 06 clean. im sure the board can do a lot more but i need the time to test it. just got it yesterday

Ms.B, is your board the newer 650i, the 650i plus, or the older 680i board? i've been looking at the plus- and i've read that the plus board will do around 500 fsb with 6400 mem. just curious........

Im not sure. The bios chip is not removeable so I think its earlier. I'm running a e 6300 and I think its maxed out at that speed and I'm sure I could do better on the fsb. While a lot of folks would argue this I have found that having my mem OCed to 1.2 ghz give much better performance than running at 800 1t with tight timings.

Guest YuKoN

i've been eyeballing the 650i plus- it supports 1066 mem, and quad core(when they're more reasonable of course!). i was just curious- hard to get straight scoop from most people, as theres already so many versions between 680i and 650i- and very mixed results- especially with the first 680i boards that came out. i guess i'll be doing what most are already doing- pays me money, and takes me chances lol!

a question for you guys, who have a p5n-e sli.

what is the ldt frequency in the bios? thought its th fsb multiplier but i guess its not that, and i guess theres no way of dropping the fsb multiplier to 3 in intel 775. read this about the ldt : With a base SPP-MCP Clock of 200MHz, the Hyper Transport Speed is at a default of 1GHz, delivered by a 5x multiplier on the LDT Frequency but BIOS allows selection up to 8x.

first intel o/c experience, thought its important to drop the fsb multiplier like amd's htt.

mine is at 1500, but i some people here running way higher fsb than mine, does that kill the board slowly.

thanx

got my lesson with unlinked memory.

wanted to set my memory at 730mhz. which didnt work. it was accepting 700mhz actual 700hz, and anything between 701 and 749 was set at 703mhz. at 750 then it jumped at 750, so the trick is as i see it the dividers still apply. cannot just set any mhz on ram that you want(like they say unlinked works), but its at least better than the crappy ds3 that i bought in the first place (yes i said crappy!!!!!)

anybody knows if "execute disable bit" can enabled while o/c, cuz usually its good to disable the virtualisation and the other stuff under cpu configuration, which i did, but no idea about execute disable bit(which is some protection against malware)

Guest ElAguila

I have it enabled and it doesn't effect my oc.