2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer or 2x512 Mushkin XP4000

Hi guys,I can't live more with my BH5,they drive me crazy,and I can't pass 234fsb,and they are kinda problematic in my system...so I need new mem..

but I must consider 2 things...I have nforce2 and I have vdimm mod,so the miminum vdimm is 2.93v..

I have seen the Mushkin Redlines XP4000,they are ch5-utt (like volts :),go good in nf2 (at least that's what I've seen,and there is good chances of getting 250fsb),but I have been thinking about a 2x1gb kit,can't be much expensive than the xp4000,so I have seen a kit of 2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer ,and maybe they are goign to be sold only a lil more than the redlines (both are used),what do you choose?

I don't play too much,and the games that I play,run good even with my 2x256 kit,but in windows,doing somethings the system is slow..and since I have seen a stock 2000+ with 2x1gb (oem or kingston what ever...maybe @ 266) doing much better in windows than my [email protected] 2x256 200mhz I am thinking about this...

sorry my english...what do you think I should get?

Hi skinnie

I have heard great things about both the Mushkin and the Crucial. I have not seen any of the toasters on this forum using the Crucial memory but that doesnt mean it wont overclock well. I have seen several people using the Mushkin on there toasters, so my first reaction would be to go with the Mushkin.

However the Crucial is less expensive and excellent quality as well. Ive been considering buying 1gig of the Crucial just to see how it stacks up to my Corsair. The one thing I have heard about the Crucial is that it has a tendency to run very hot even at stock speeds so be sure to put a fan on the dimms since your running your vdimm @ 2.93v min...

I would honestly consider going with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145596

Its about the same price as the Mushkin.

Good Luck

well I am in portugal..lol..and this mems are used..the mushkin costs about 100eur..and the crucial..I doubt the guy will sell them under 140/150 (gskill hz used are 180eur)..the thing is..does 2x1gb compensate more over 1gb?

Go with the Mushkin then...people have more experince overclocking with it and it will be easier to get help here on the forums...You wont see a huge difference in speed using 2gigs vs 1gig unless your are running multiple applications that are memory intensive, such as photo or music editing and cad but it can help on gaming, but most new games will run fairly slow on a socket A system anyways...

I really think that you are going to struggle to find anything that will work Skinnie, unless you undo the Vdimm mod. All of the newer IC's now run below 2.8Vdimm. Even my G-Skill & Plat-Elites don't like anything much over 2.8Vdimm. The Crucial 2x512 PC4000 kits were very good, mine would run at 250fsb, with a bit of pushing. But the 2x1024 kits have got a very well documented history of turning belly up, so i would avoid like the plague.