slow down a bit

JoL

Hey

I'd like to silence one of my fans.

I own a Lanparty Ultra-D. The only free fan-connector are FAN 4 and FAN 5.

But there's no registry in the BIOS to slow it a bit, as it is too loud. FAN 2 connector works great. But there are two fans to slow down and only one connector works. What to do?

The fans inside the PSU are controlled by the PSU itself.

The BIOS only controls fans 1,2, and maybe 3; all other fans run at full speed.

In general its best to power case fans from the PSU rather than through the MB. Installing a fan controller would get power from a standard molex connector and have fan headers for which you can control the fan speed.

p.s. please post a sig as per forum rules.

can i change the ability of my mother board to control all of the fans connected via bios update for example?

No; as Praz stated the sense pins on fans 4,5 aren't physically connected to anything, thus the fans are always running full power.

but why are there 3 pins at every connector?

Standard 3-pin fan headers so that the connector won't be mistaken for something else.

could i connect both yellow wires with for example the fan3 connector to regulate both fans?

Definitely not good to tie several fans into one header as this could burn out the MB fan header.

Many standalone fan controllers (such as this one) have temp monitors and regulate the fan speeds based upon system temps.