SLI-DR Buggy Cpu Fan Control?

Hi everyone!

I just replaced my Big Typhoon (16db @ max rpm) with the Big Typ 120 VX, which has the same specs at minimum (using the bundled regulator) and maxes out at 83 CFM/23db (more actually, I think).

I set it at max and I usually let SmartGuardian do the dynamic fan control, which works as always (I always used it for the chipset and never until now for the CPU).

The problem is in the BIOS (I think I got the standard 406): The automatic fan control (regulated by temperatures) works fine with the chipset, but not with the CPU! Whatever setting I set in there, at reboot 'til I load SmartGuardian, the fan will always stay at 100%, making some real noise!

Is there something I should change to make this work? (I wouldn't reflash the BIOS unless absolutely needed)

Thanks! :eek2:

My problem is not about the turning off, but with the fan speed being proportional to the intervals I set.

For the chipset it works ok! I set 30-55 and at +-42° the fan does 3500 rpm instead of 7000 (which is the full speed).

Nevermind my problem, I just noticed that it was my fault, I had the two values inverted!! :eek2: :P