set to 216mhz in BIOS but CPUZ only shows 200mhz

hi there guys, its nice to have the forum back and running...

currently i have a DFI infinity SLi mobo and 512mbx2 DDR500 modules (Hermes from teamgroup). the original bios version of the mobo was 03/01/06. the mems dont work not unless i set it manual on BIOS, so what i did is to flash the BIOS to the latest one 04/10/06 and tried again. unfortunately it still does'nt boot. got some old mems and i use them to boot to BIOS and set it to manual before i can make the DDR500 mems run. on the new BIOS i have the option to choose DDR200, DDR216, DDR233, and DDR250. i have tried all of them and so with the settings lower than DDR200. when i set the mem to DDR200 or DDR250 it does'nt boot, how did that happen(on DDR200)? and when i set it to DDR216 it works but CPUZ only detects DDR200, when set to DDR233 it boots again but CPUZ detects only DDR 216. and while on DDR216 settings i tried to run everest and what im getting is Dual DDR200 instead of Dual DDR400 just like on the other mems... what seems to be the problem with this? does this mean that my mems are bad?:sad:

i hope you can help me with this one guys, thanks a bunch...

Hello,

In your bios for the memory clock index value ,

What options do you have?

The one that shows 1:1 in the bios = DDR400.

Also you must set your CPU FSB to 200Mhz,

AKA Hammer FID control = 200

If you use a divider to try to OC the memory faster than the HTT, sometimes just because it falls in between whole numbers, it still uses the lower one. IE, you select 216MHz for the memory, but it's not high enough to get the motherboard to select the next lower memory divider to "speed up" the RAM. If you really wanted to do this, you'd have to select the next higher divider, but the 250Mhz divider is only available on mine when the HTT is NOT set at 200MHz. It has to be OC'd a few MHz, otherwise all that is available is "SPD Timings" instead of 250MHz. Oddly enough, I have damn near the same setup in my "spare" rig, the INF SLI, 1GB Hermes kit, but an Opty 165. Personally, since I don't know how far your 3800 will OC, I will honestly recommend you just leave the memory divider on 1:1 (200MHz) and simply crank up your HTT speed til the 3800 weeps like a little girl. My Hermes kit reached almost 325MHz in the Infinity with my old FX-55, and I just haven't pushed it that hard yet with the Opty. Good luck!

P.S.- I saw you said you don't have ratios displayed... do you have the latest (4/10/2006) BIOS? Otherwise, 200MHz is 1:1.

OK, try these settings with the HTT at 200MHz and the memory divider at DDR400 (200MHz). 3-3-3-7, 10, 12, Reads/Writes 2,2,2,2, MAL 10, RP 8, TREF 1296, I think that should about cover it. Set VDIMM to 2.7V. These settings have always worked for me, they are nice and lax just to get booted.

Any update? If you need the names of the timings, I will post them tonight, but I think from most of the timings' values, it's possible to know which is which just by their available choices. LMK. This is great memory, hate to see peeps have problems with it.

it would be better to give the names as well... thanks for all your help man... did'nt have time to try it yesterday... ill try it later... thanks again... btw we do have the same specs except for the proc, what was the max that you've got on the mems?