Street Bar & Grill

Angry_Games

I looked at the thread you posted the link to. If the motor's in time you are extremely lucky. You need the timing tools they are talking about. The camshafts and sprockets are not keyed. If you loosen the bolts the sprockets will spin on the shafts. The timing tools are the only way to time the motor when replacing the belt.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell a new DIY-Car repair section brewing, lol.

I know some basic stuff but i'm no mechanic. I always like to try and help if I can though:angel: Looks like i'll let Praz handle this one though LOL

But I replaced the timing belt using the tools mentioned. The car still won't crank. What do you know about 2.0L 4-cyl. Zetec engines? Are they real sensitive about precise timing adjustments? It looks like I will have to repeat the procedure again. Damn, it's a pain in the butt! Here's a look at what I have to do.

Getting to the timing belt:

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/09008...irInfoPages.htm

Changing the timing belt:

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/09008...irInfoPages.htm

I looked at the thread you posted the link to. If the motor's in time you are extremely lucky. You need the timing tools they are talking about. The camshafts and sprockets are not keyed. If you loosen the bolts the sprockets will spin on the shafts. The timing tools are the only way to time the motor when replacing the belt.

Lavell, I did not read through the thread you linked, but you really should know what you are doing before messing with the timing on a interference motor. I would recommend you take it to an automotive technician. I am no mechanic, however working many hours in my dads shop I have picked up a few things. And timing on interference motors is crucial.

Ok. I took the car to a mechanic yesterday. He ran some tests and found that the engine has suffered major internal damage as a result of driving on it when the timing belt jumped. I've decided to have a new engine put in the car. This is a 2.0L 4-cylinder Zetec engine that was in the car and will be replaced with the same type.

I'm told that this engine is one of the best engines that Ford has designed. If there's anyone here that knows about engines and can tell me if there's any truth to this, please speak up.

I was considering putting a 2.5L V6 engine in the car. But with the way gas prices are, I can't afford that engine. I have to stay economy. Besides, I liked the 2.0L 4-cyl. DOHC engine for the fact that I could fill the tank with $40.00 and that will last me for 2 weeks before I have to refill the tank.:D

I already have a SOHC V6 engine in my 1998 Ford Explorer. That thing sucks gas, putting a HUGE hole in my wallet. I definitely don't need 2 gas consuming vehicles.:P

Put a 350 in it then post pics :)

• 2 weeks later...

A Fat Tire hits the spot after a hard days work or after reading all the bar & grill chat. Colroado's full of micro breweries....New Belgium and Breckenridge being my top two.....Bristol Brewery being my local favorite. Fill up your jugs this one on me. :beer

Well speaking of car trouble my transmission decided it doesn't want to shift out of first gear. Can't fix it myself since it is too complicated for me with all the electrical crap and junk that these newer cars/trucks have now days. Gonna cost me $2100 to have it rebuilt and have the transfer case fixed too since it has a leak apparently.