Odd Problem

If you are using a USB Hub it might have gone titsup and be causing a problem.

I saw one where one of the 4 contacts in a socket got bent out of shape and sometimes caused the comp to fail during statrup.

You could try to set the USB mode to 1.1 or enable/disable USB support keyboard/mouse support in the bios.

When it is enabled the BIOS controls USB KB/Mouse,

When it is disabled Windows takes control of them.

Part way through my startup the keyboard lights go out and then come back on indicating when Windows takes over from the BIOS.

It sounds like a windows problem. You could try installing the NForce 4 Chipset drivers again.

Sharp - I do have front USB connectors which were connected, however while troubleshooting I had removed the connection with the mobo and the problem still occurs.

Crack Jiver - I'll try enabling the usb/keyboard support and see if that makes any difference.

Thank you all for your help!!!!!

FINALLY - In the BIOS I had to disable to OnBoard Serial as well as change the USB to v1.1 only and it boots up normally. That mean I have bad 2.0 drivers?

I had to do the same because of "Delayed Write Failure" while trting to write to my Wifes MP3 player. It seems that there is a windows bug that causes problems with USB 1.1 devices connected to 2.0 hubs and as the MOBO has an internal hub all the sockets are effectively through a hub.

thinks: :rolleyes: could have been bad taste in music :rolleyes:

Give it a couple of days and then change the thread title to RESOLVED:

Some printers and multifunction devices have "card readers" included.

If you go into BIOS and disable "Boot Other Devices" you may resolve the issue.

Change the boot settings to only allow boot from the Optical and Hard Drive.

same problem with a lexmark photo p760? cant remember..

hang would not et me boot.

tossed the printer.