K8L or K10?

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• K8L will offer little to no performance gain over C2D, I'll wait until K10.
    • Enthusiast? Pfft. I just want to overclock those new Deerhound cores.
    • Let's see what happens in reviews then I'll decide.
    • K10 all the way!

Guest r3d c0m3t

Seeing as Intel is on a sporadic roll these past couple of months with C2D (as if you didn't already know.) AMD processors are becoming less useful to purchase, to the enthusiast that is (this mainly applies to AM2 processors.) Anyway, the point being will you jump back on the AMD bandwagon when Deerhound is released or will you wait to the major design revamping when K10 rolls about?

im just gonna spill it out right now, as u said, intel has been in the lead for about 2-4 months with their C2D lineup. But how many years before that did AMD's a64 own the P4? and the X2 own the PD? For a much longer period.

AMD will without a doubt come back, just give them time, just like intel needed 2+ years to come up with the C2D

Guest caffeinejunkie

Since K10 is pretty much canceled and K8l is being referred to as K10 isn't this poll somewhat redundant? None-the-less I always like to wait till actual end users have the product in hand because thats when you find the real issues and the real performance. Not to mention I'm a cheap bastard and like waiting for price drops :D.