Dfi Ultra Infinity ( can't overclock at all )

tanaka88

guys i need your help this time.Normally i used to clock from 2000mhz to 2400mhz.But when after my bios was reseted when i installed my HR-05 , i configure up everthing properly again and i try to push my cpu to 2400mhz... fine.. bios can detect me booting at 2400mhz.

But the problem is after start windows, windows detect i am using max at 2000mhz which is still at my default speed. It was like my bios is locked suddenly ?:confused:

Any experts here can help pls ?

thanks. :)

BTW my rig :

AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ E6

DFI NF4 Ultra Infinity

Corsair 1 X 256 MB DDR400 CL2.5

Corsair 1 X 512 MB DDR400 CL2.5

ENERMAX 460W FMAII

But the problem is after start windows, windows detect i am using max at 2000mhz which is still at my default speed. It was like my bios is locked suddenly ?:confused:

Any experts here can help pls ?

thanks. :)

can you further elaborate?

The best thing you can do is to redo the overclock from scratch.

what do u mean by overclock from scratch ?

i have reseted my bios, and overclock by higher abit the speed, but when i boot up windows, the max speed went back to 2000mhz again (stock speed) monitored by AMD monitor...:confused:

what i meant is by starting from 200mh again.

when you boot up with 2.4ghz, windows or cpuz detect that or not?

what amd monitor ??

yup i start all over from 200mhz again. No problem, bios, windows and

cpuz can detect that i am running at 200mhz.

But the only problem is when i try to clock to 210mhz -240mhz or any higher mhz, bios can detect my overclocked speed, BUT, windows and cpuz cannot detect my overclocked speed.... windows and cpuz still say that i am running at 200mhz....

any ideas ? :confused:

AMD monitor is AMD power monitor, Its a software from AMD to detect my cpu speed.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have Nf4 Ultra Infinity + AMD64 3000+ (stable 2900mhz) and a pair of DDR Corsair TWINX1024-4000PT XMS4000(2x512MB) 3-4-4-8 and I can't OC more than 220hz :((

I think is something matter with the MB/bios :( .. Have you tried Tmod bioses ?? Did You discover something new in stability of OC ??

Thanks, I have the same problem :(

(sorry for my bad english11 :( )