BSOD system_xervice_exception

IAmMoen

So I have been having a lot of problems with my new dfi build. Some of you may have seen my previous posts on ocforums, dficlub, or diy-street. I was having more than one problem and now that I have my board and memory memtest stable I am trying to install windows. But sometimes the blue screen based part of the install hangs and sometimes the gui section of the install gives me this bsod and sometimes the system will finish the first blue screen based part of the install and then tell me that i have a boot disk failure- please insert system disk and press enter. I have heard that I am having a software error with respect to the bsod. But could it be causing everything else?

img4742small9ax.th.jpg

Here is more complete info on the system: I have a DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert with a opteron 170. I have kingston value ram right now (one module in the orange slot closest the edge of the mobo) but it sucks and i think it is having compatability issues right now because to get it to be memtest stable i need to have the memory at 3-5-5-10 2t (for one stick of 512) instead of the manufacturers timings of 3-3-3-8. I have the voltage on the dram at 2.69v and the cpu voltage is set to default. HT is set to 5x as I have not bumped up the fsb at all (hopefully some day). The ldt voltage is at 1.3 and the chipset is at 1.7v. The vid card is brand new xfx7900gs from buy.com. I got a OCZ Gamextreme 600w from here on ocforum (actually i got the mobo and cpu from here as well). I have 3 sata hdd's (2 Hitachi T7k500 320gb sataII and 1 seagate 250 sata1) and 3 pata hdds (160wd and two 120 wd). I have a dvd burner from microadvantage plugged in currently but that really should be ok although I could try to put another one in. I have not done anything really with the updating the bios because it should be the newest one from the dfi site (as per the previous owner). I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit and i tried with both my original copy and one that i downloaded and burned from a bittorrent. I even slipstreamed one to include some drivers that I got from nvidia.com. The only thing that I have not been able to install (because I cant even get into windows is the nForce4_x16_6.83_winxp64_english executable.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same error (BSOD) with Vista 64bit Ultimate. I've also a Lanparty Expert and with Windows XP 32bit there was no failures or somethine else. Has someone an idea?

I have deactivated all components which are not in use - as example the floppy disk, serial port, RAID, ...