XP Pro MCE will not install

Voltes-5

Here is my dillema. This is the first time that I encounter this.

OK, I built a new system consisting of the Infinity, c2d 6600, 74GB Raptor, PC P&C 510 ASL, Ballistix and xfx8800gts. Here is the OCDB entry, http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...63&postcount=37 But I have since used watercooling on the chipset and cpu for better temps, and I achieved it. But no matter what I tried, increased vcore or what ever, nothing worked, got stucked at the entry settings.

So here is my problem. I have settled on the OC, and as I normally do, and what ExRoadie suggested months ago, I reinstall the OS, a fresh install. But no matter what I tried I get this error.

This happens after the F8 and the OS is copying the files.

pixofproblem0039pw.jpg

pixofproblem0044qy.jpg

And if I do press "Escape" to continue, and continue the install process, boot to hard drive, Windows, this is what I get.

pixofproblem0057dy.jpg

pixofproblem0060an.jpg

The system worked before reinstall, even played games with it. I checked the health of the of the 74gb Raptor using the utility form WD, booting on a floppy on my Expert system, hardrive is healthy. Tried the install process again but get the same errors. So I re-wrote the drive with the WD utility hoping to solve the problem but same error. So I bought a brand spanking new Raptor, retail and same thing happens. Use them on RAID, same thing happens. Use my Maxtor drives, the same happens. So, I even bought a new Sony dual layer rom drive, I even used my USB LiteOn drive, but the same always happens. Help me explain this problem guys. Vid card works on the Expert, took the 7900gt from the Expert, put on the Infinity, no go.

Thanks for the reply guys, its a fresh install from a retail OS. I have tried three different cd-rom drives, one a usb. The only one that I did not use is the cd-rom drive that was on my SLI-DR expert, which I sold to my niece. I have always used that drive and never had any problems reinstalling. I think I will borrow it for once and reinstall again. Yeah gustie, the first disc is a bit scratched up, maybe I should purchase one of those disc repair stuff.

Thanks for the reply guys, its a fresh install from a retail OS. I have tried three different cd-rom drives, one a usb. The only one that I did not use is the cd-rom drive that was on my SLI-DR expert, which I sold to my niece. I have always used that drive and never had any problems reinstalling. I think I will borrow it for once and reinstall again. Yeah gustie, the first disc is a bit scratched up, maybe I should purchase one of those disc repair stuff.

I've had retail discs go bad before as well, but strangely I've been able to rip them using nlite and burn them on a new disc and 'normally' have no issues. Just a thought, if nuthin else helps give her a try.

I've never tried that Red, I think I will try it out. You mean copy it to a folder and create an ISO bootable disc right?

when I first got my Windows XP Pro from Microsoft, I immediately put the disk in the drive, and told CloneCD to copy it.

Once CloneCD copied it (since the original is bootable, clonecd made the copy bootable), I put the original disk in the wallet and have removed it a total of two times in 5 years.

When SP1 and SP2 came around and could be integrated, I simply loadup up the XP clone image in Daemon Tools (a virtual cd/dvd rom drive), copied all of the files from the clone image (ie virtual drives act like a real cd/dvd rom...just in case anyone reading isn't understanding what I'm talking about), did the SP integration, then told CloneCD to make another image (it was a lot easier than having Nero make my cd/dvd's bootable each time).

Others might have other ways of doing this, but basically what I do is copy my retail cd's and dvd's via imaging program (Nero, PowerISO, CloneCD, etc) and then putting my originals away never to touch them again unless it's an emergency). I do this with all my games and apps and even movie dvd's if possible because I've seen how cd's and dvd's get over the course of time, even if you are anal like me and ALWAYS puts the disc back in it's case or wallet or sleeve.

when is the last time you ran memtest? I had a very similar issue a few months back on my bro's computer and it turned out that one of the sticks of RAM went bad. after I removed that stick, windows installed fine and just had to run him through the RMA process for some new memory.

Ultra Iso can make bootable images as well.

Did you try changing the cables in the system?

Might have to install with one stick, and add the second later.

Possibly a dumb question, but are you installing overclocked?